How many modded/ported saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Copy, can those "inspectors" help me understand how much timing advance would cause fires and where the intake port should be for maximum fire causation . I already understand how increased compression would.

Any modification from stock you take full liability for any fire started, doesn’t mean they have to prove your saw caused the fire they just need to find a fault somewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any modification from stock you take full liability for any fire started, doesn’t mean they have to prove your saw caused the fire they just need to find a fault somewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Skeans is right, it’s all about the legality of the situation. If this is a work saw that is used for a company I would personally not remove the spark arrestor screen let alone mod it in any way. If one of the employees or yourself got hurt the first thing the doctors ask is “did this happen at work”. When you answer yes to that questions occupational health and safety gets involved, and when they have to pay through the nose for damages, they are for sure going to check equipment. Sucks but true

CYOA
cover your own ass

Back