How many of you are running Eastonmade wood splitters?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From what I seen a hardworking person doing a top rate job a great person from what I know . Almost sure I will never buy one . I built a swing axal I can roll big rounds with little effort the cycle time with 16 gallon pump and a 4 way is about all I need . About all 1 man band can keep up with . To go faster I would need a elevator of some kind .

I bought the 9 / 16 with just the 4 way a year ago - Biggest regret is I didn't do it 5 years ago - After 40+ cords [full ones] The powder coat is just wearing off the bed.. Only thing I see wrong is the front catch tray is too short - I made mine a foot longer with some 1" thick locust boards & two c-clamps. A friend of mine is buying the 22 /28 , the lead time is a year now. People are waiting in line to buy these splitters, that says a lot. Way to go Andrew!

Anybody have a way to get ahold of Andrew. I’m trying to put an order in for a a splitter and can’t get ahold of anybody.

An Axis would be so sweet. The log lift and large work table are nicely thought out, but the little conveyor taking the wood into a trailer or bed would be the icing on the cake.

Wish I could justify ordering one. Would make it worth while only if you sold a decent amount of wood. I'm not surprised he has so many orders. Other than the power splits there aren't any other similar machines that I'm aware of.

Timber Devil has splitters that appear the same as Power Split. Super Axe is a Australian version.
There are a quite a few homemade version on Youtube.
Timber Devil and Power Split are the same. I think Timber Devil is the older version of Power Split or Timber Devil was the Canadien version, not sure how it worked. Our machine is older and it says Timber Devil on it but we get all our parts from powersplit if we need them.

Timber Devil and Power Split are the same. I think Timber Devil is the older version of Power Split or Timber Devil was the Canadien version, not sure how it worked. Our machine is older and it says Timber Devil on it but we get all our parts from powersplit if we need them.
That’s the impression I was under

There must be some folks out there making good money selling firewood.

A friend told me years ago there is no money in firewood. People do it for a few years, get wise to that fact, and they're out.
He was right.
However, the economy what it is, the population getting older and retiring, there seems to be more people trying to make a little money at it.
The truth is, fewer people are burning wood.
New homes have gas fireplaces.
Those that actually heat with wood have access to wood, and don't typically buy it.

A friend told me years ago there is no money in firewood. People do it for a few years, get wise to that fact, and they're out.
He was right.
However, the economy what it is, the population getting older and retiring, there seems to be more people trying to make a little money at it.
The truth is, fewer people are burning wood.
New homes have gas fireplaces.
Those that actually heat with wood have access to wood, and don't typically buy it.
There are very few that will ever make it big selling firewood. Some do, but the majority of us likely will not. That said, I make some decent coin doing something that I enjoy. One day I hope to retire into the business when I can afford to make less than I do now.

Back