How many of you have next years wood cut?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am working on three years from now wood. Piling it pretty tight and high in a shed so I expect it wont dry really fast. Red Oak and man it is dirty. going to start another thread on that! I go through about 4 full cords or 12 face cords. Bucking is usually the glory part (if it is clean wood) but moving it around and putting it over the splitter and wheelbarrow into the shed and pile is the donkey part and this is getting to be a sore old donkey! Troll, I feel for ya!

But all your tree's might burn down if the weather stay's so warm in ca? I have a aunt that lives in ca and she is worried about the fires that might come.

That's exactly what I'm afraid of! He is how close we came last summer. This pic was taken from my roof, the CDF was bombing a fire a couple hundred yards from my property line.

attachment.php

I've only got enough for 2 weeks. I cut for myself and my mother in law. She uses nearly half a cord a week. Keeps the house about 80 degrees and the front door open.

I read this whole thread and came away impressed with how prepared everyone is. Totally different from the population at large, huh? We tend to plan ahead and stock up because things happen. I bet most of you are also prepared to handle long power outtages and bad weather. Love this place :cheers:
Dok

Depends on how long this year last...Thought I was good for 2 yrs out...The way it is looking I am about half way there now...

i'm good i hope.

i have about 6-7 cords of red,white, and pin oak seasoning.

that is the problem with American splitters,you just want to keep going.i have split every piece of wood in sight.

yea i got a good feeling that im barley gonna make it this year. we got some cut up the past few weekends in the 10 degree weather for next year just needs to be split.

I finished stacking next years wood in the shed back in September. I've already got half of the following years wood cut and split. What is that, 2010-2011? I'll be ready!:cheers:

Way too go Spike! That's my ideal but you know how ideals go. Can't really get much further out though or you risk the punk factor. :cheers:

It's good to hear I am not the only one not ready for 2010:)
But I am under another wind warning 65 mph, Knocking my trees down hope to be out next week with temps in the 40s should be easy pickings:)

:popcorn:
If I figure I burn 4-5 cords per year Im good for the next 2-3 winters. Bunt 2-2.5 cords so far this year of mostly maple with some oak on the really cold nights.

My stash,

6-8 mixed cords in the shed. Maple, oak, elm, ash.
1.5 cords oak outside.
2.5 cords maple outside.
3 cords elm outside.
1 cord basswood outside.
1 cord or so of elm and maple rounds to split and stack.

I will move the outside wood into the shed onto pallets this summer.

Got a little carried away this year and last. :rock: :rock:

Right on my way to the store. Noticed the "Caution: Log Trucks Entering" signs last week and have been rubbernecking by there everytime I drive by. The crew was there yesterday so I popped in. I 'spect I'll be putting a new edge on my chains and get out there next week.

Timing's good, too. It's easier for me to convince the wife of the value of woodboogerin' at a time of year when the stove's roarin with the good stuff. :)

You certainly are one lucky man... live in NH, burn wood, wife at home, and get a sweet deal like that for firewood...:clap:

:D ...

:popcorn:
If I figure I burn 4-5 cords per year Im good for the next 2-3 winters. Bunt 2-2.5 cords so far this year of mostly maple with some oak on the really cold nights.

My stash,

6-8 mixed cords in the shed. Maple, oak, elm, ash.
1.5 cords oak outside.
2.5 cords maple outside.
3 cords elm outside.
1 cord basswood outside.
1 cord or so of elm and maple rounds to split and stack.

I will move the outside wood into the shed onto pallets this summer.

Got a little carried away this year and last. :rock: :rock:

Carried away? No, I think you're okay ;)

attachment.php

attachment.php

:jawdrop: Are there any trees left in Ohio?????:buttkick: Just kidding.

Very nice work Kevin. Sure gives you a good feeling inside looking back at all that hard work.:) :clap:

WOW and i thought i was doing good to have 4 cords for next year and started 4 more cords for the year after that sounds complicated but my stove works so much better having 2 year old wood. how many cord are in that barn and how many stoves do you have?:jawdrop:

Well I'm not sure yet how much I will use since this is my first year with my OWB. So far I haved averaged one cord per month. I have been cutting downed trees & dead standing trees to use now. I still have three more dead trees to cut & split, which I think will get me through this season. I have approx seven cords cut, split, & stacked for next year.

Wood007_7.jpg

Back