How many of you have next years wood cut?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOW and i thought i was doing good to have 4 cords for next year and started 4 more cords for the year after that sounds complicated but my stove works so much better having 2 year old wood. how many cord are in that barn and how many stoves do you have?:jawdrop:

Stack in this shed measures 80' X 18' X 7' which equals 78 3/4 cord. Mainly Beech, sugar maple, hackberry and ash. Dad and I cut for about 1 month in my spare time as I work full time, he's retired and pushes me! I have a OWB and he has a homemade stove. Between the 2 of us we average about 20 cord of wood usage a year. Total now stands at 166 cord cut, stacked, split and under roof. That doesn't include both of our supplys for this year. We cleared a 3/4 mile long fencerow last year plus Hurricane Ike's winds came through and we have loads down. At least 100 more cord down but we quit for this year. We cut around 45 cord this year.

There are all kind of trees in Ohio ; We can't even keep up with what dies or blows down on our own property. There are more pics of the wood in the pictures section under "I'm done...."

attachment.php

11 cord in each of these.

we came across another farmer who is going to doze down a small woods,
about ten acres, its full of ash,oak and maple.weve been out there every other day since thanksgiving and can safely say we are all set for at least ten years of winters but dont think Im here to brag we have been busting
our a##'s to beat the dozers,cant help but laugh(and feel great)when guys drive by and ask How much fricking wood are you guys gonna cut?:jawdrop:

Well I'm not sure yet how much I will use since this is my first year with my OWB. So far I haved averaged one cord per month. I have been cutting downed trees & dead standing trees to use now. I still have three more dead trees to cut & split, which I think will get me through this season. I have approx seven cords cut, split, & stacked for next year.

Wood007_7.jpg

I'd a torpedoed that pile by the end of December! :hmm3grin2orange: Nice stack of wood though!

Stack in this shed measures 80' X 18' X 7' which equals 78 3/4 cord. Mainly Beech, sugar maple, hackberry and ash. Dad and I cut for about 1 month in my spare time as I work full time, he's retired and pushes me! I have a OWB and he has a homemade stove. Between the 2 of us we average about 20 cord of wood usage a year. Total now stands at 166 cord cut, stacked, split and under roof. That doesn't include both of our supplys for this year. We cleared a 3/4 mile long fencerow last year plus Hurricane Ike's winds came through and we have loads down. At least 100 more cord down but we quit for this year. We cut around 45 cord this year.

There are all kind of trees in Ohio ; We can't even keep up with what dies or blows down on our own property. There are more pics of the wood in the pictures section under "I'm done...."

11 cord in each of these.

Sittin on yer laurels are ya? Heck, you guys left the rafters empty....just can't find good help nowdays... :cheers:

Last edited:
I burn ~3 cords per year, but last winter was epic and I needed 4-5 cords. A friend helped me get through the winter by dropping a couple standing dead trees near my house and that got me to spring.

I'm now like a squirrel saving nuts, I must have 6 cords of blocks and limbs on site and have my eye on 5-10 cords of dead fall within a few miles. So far the winter has been mild with minimal snow so I'm harvesting every other week.

I have maybe a cord that I cut Saturday. Would have had more but the 5100 died and won't start.

I do have big plans for this Summer though.

Boy, when you put it like that, gives one a chance to pause and reflect on how lucky a guy like me really is. :cheers:
Yes you are.. Kudo's to you!

from your woodcutting friend stuck here ot CT. :cry:

Cheers :cheers:

I don't even have next weeks wood cut...
Well that's an exageration, I should be good for two to three weeks, then I'll need to cut another wagon load. Maybe once I get a structure built for my boiler and wood I can start stocking up.

I've got 3-4 cord of Red Oak stacked up on pallets and covered in the side yard since October, I'll need to come up with another 2-3 cord of wood to get me through '09-'10. As much as I like the Oak I'd really like to have some Maple and Ash to round out the supply.

For some reason the tree guy we work with was cuttting nothing but Oak the end of last year....but honest, I'm not complaining.

Back