How many splits......

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaseyForrest

I am NOT a tree freak.
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Inspired by jrider, and since my back isn't allowing me to do more, figured I'd have a little fun.

I may offer up a prize for the first correct guess if this goes for a while.

c56faab030f175943c0a6dba20b03a53.jpg
6127eba6b774ae77cae00a2b7062bf36.jpg

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Assuming that wedge is about 10" tall, I'd say around 14-16 reasonable sized splits.

Though I have had customers make popsicle sticks out of wood I've brought them. I usually keep the splits around 4-6", with a few 8" pieces here and there.

No gorging here, it's 1045. I'm being lazy, but need to head to the shop and get to work. It's -3*, not exactly too motivated!

Assuming that wedge is about 10" tall, I'd say around 14-16 reasonable sized splits.

Though I have had customers make popsicle sticks out of wood I've brought them. I usually keep the splits around 4-6", with a few 8" pieces here and there.

No gorging here, it's 1045. I'm being lazy, but need to head to the shop and get to work. It's -3*, not exactly too motivated!

Wedge isn't 10" tall.

I was highly motivated to get out and get some splitting done... I think Ive got a bulging disc in my back... Lifting, getting off the tractor, standing up... Very excruciating. I had to give up after 1 trailer load.

You didn't mention if we could guess more than once?

Sorry, Lets let it ride for a bit so everyone that wants to play has the chance.

No fun is it? I have 3 bad discs. One of the pushes against my spinal cord and I lose the ability to feel waist down to sometimes walk without a cane.

It's one reason I invested in equipment vs doing it by hand.

Wedge isn't 10" tall.

I was highly motivated to get out and get some splitting done... I think Ive got a bulging disc in my back... Lifting, getting off the tractor, standing up... Very excruciating. I had to give up after 1 trailer load.

Sorry, Lets let it ride for a bit so everyone that wants to play has the chance.

No fun is it? I have 3 bad discs. One of the pushes against my spinal cord and I lose the ability to feel waist down to sometimes walk without a cane.

It's one reason I invested in equipment vs doing it by hand.

Mine started over the summer. Was helping a manager roll out road fabric for a new parking pad. Bent over to push and couldn't straighten back up without almost passing out from the pain. Started seeing a chiropractor and he did actually help up until a month or so ago. Last time I saw him I was fine for a day or 2, but have been jacked ever since.

Back