how many

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Typically around Mid October to late March. Winters have been erratic the past few years, but last year was the coldest in a while and we burned about 4 cords. We don't burn all day, only when we're home - and when we're home, the wood stove is always burning. We have electric heat, and a fairly efficient and modern heat pump, but the wood is a plenty and I just love the smell, comfort and rustic ambiance of burning wood.

We run a lot of electrical appliances from multiple beer fridges, reptile heaters and pumps for our four scaley critters, so burning wood saves big time on the electrical heating cost. I think our largest electric bill last winter was $140.

Went close to 9 cords last winter. Typical years 6 is enough. Seriously hope we don't see another 9 month heating season.

Lost a lot of harvest/splitting time caring for elderly father this year. He's improved over the past 4 weeks so... Should be back at it soon.

Heat 3600 sq. ft. home and DHW from October through April roughly go through about 10 cords depending on the winter sometimes a bit more some years a bit less.

2.5 cords wood 180 gal. of oil for some heat and hot water. 1800 sq foot ranch.

I'll probably have the first fire sometime in October and burn till the cold weather stops. Dont know how much we burn cause I never count cords. Just CSS and burn when the time comes.

Last year was are first year to burn.....I'm gonna guess n say 2.5 - 3 cords n about 25 gallons of fuel oil. This year I'll know for sure. We started about mid October n burnt up till April.

Latest posts

Back