How much can a husky 350 handle...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andrew Currans

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I got a husky 350, I muff modded it and never got around to adjusting the carb and fried the top end, I went back with a closed port 45mm(not a dished Pistons), I ported it about as much as I can, put a bigger external filter on it, deleted the base gasket and adjusted the carb and it runs very good, just wondering how far I can push it, l want to mill the cylinder and bump the compression a little more but will it benefit me and be worth the trouble? Thanks in advance. Yes I'm new to the site but got basically all the info I know about porting and modding off here.

Gasket delete is as far as should go unless your gonna gauge the squish and fine tune to min spec. 13k will be good with those mods, do a plug check to confirm your carb settings

Yeah I cleaned it and ran it hard shut it off and checked the plug. Doesn't look like it's lean, looks pretty ideal. And yes I would be checking the squish before doing any mill work. Last think I want to do is grenade my project lol

Nice, a little quieter than mine, probably a good thing. Done a compression check yet?
Have not. I need to though. I would like to know where it's sitting. I maxed out the Rs and then richened it up a bit since it's still in break in. But not much. I never really was to big into the break ins unless it's a decent sized cam then I follow manufacturers recommendations. I'd like to know how high it's spinning. :/

I shoot for 165-180 on compression, my 372 took a few tanks ran through it to get up there but that's not uncommon. I set my max rpm on a new build then open the high a 1/4 turn until I run a few tanks through, good thing about 2-strokes is no camshaft break-in! I get a moment I'll post a video of my 350 and 372 running

Ah won't let me open them. I had to upload mine to YouTube and paste the URL. I got mine broken in yesterday and retuned when she got broken in. Outruns my 034 now.... It's definitely a little demon! Just hope it lasts lol

I have 2 55's and 2 353's all were top end damage so my plan is to build one of each to OEM specs and the other 2 saws will be getting tweaked, base gasket delete, clean up casting flaws, open up the exhaust port a little and muffler modded, maybe advance the ignition too! and just see how much better I can make them over the stock saws hell maybe even mess around with some larger carbs well I'm in there

Back