How much does a cord of oak weigh?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wait, don't they make tracks for trains? Holy crapoly, that's is a lot of tires.:cheers:

For a reference, the bottom beams on the locomotive are 96 feet long. Just getting them to the jobsite is an adventure in itself.

He has since moved bigger trains. It makes me chuckle when I see semi trailers on train cars, lol.

Alrighty. I'll just be leaving the trailer here on the scales till my buddy shows up with a couple shovels and a wheelbarrow :D

The pit near me, you go ahead and block their scale. They have a loader half the size of a house, your truck & trailer would be in the bucket for a second, just before it got dumped over the bank. Those people don't take kindly to anything that slows up the operation.

I don't do this work anymore. I have a safer job now, hauling gas!:angry2::monkey:

Got me for what exactly? This is Nebraska, not New York. I'm not over axle or registered weight. No brake/weight requirement. They might bust my balls for load securement, but that is a grey area. Look at the tires, not even squatting. Springs, not bottomed out. I am endorsed for doubles/triples.:D

Would I haul this all the time? NO Would I go down the highway like this? NO Would I do it again? Hell yeah!

the first thing is safety chains then the can of worms:monkey: its a fed thing tom trees

the first thing is safety chains then the can of worms:monkey: its a fed thing tom trees

It does have safety chains. The hitch is another 2 feet out of the pic. I do know what you are getting at, the feds can find things on a brand new rig if they want to. I wasn't worried about running into them on this trip.

The pit near me, you go ahead and block their scale. They have a loader half the size of a house, your truck & trailer would be in the bucket for a second, just before it got dumped over the bank. Those people don't take kindly to anything that slows up the operation.

That's OK.

If they thought they'd be liable for taking a scoop out, imagine the liability after they did that.

I know. I had a heck of a time finding them. I went to the local dealer and wandered around for a while to even find the 15 inch pile. Then, to find heavy duty tires, in a pair, that were good enough to use, whoa! Why aren't there any 15 inch tires out there anymore? I know of plenty of vehicles that still use them. On a side note, I have a new 15 inch trailer tire in the garage I should get a match for (I think it is 18-1900lb rated).

Just picked up some new tires today, 225/75R 15, rated at 2450 max load. Trailer Service tires. They look real nice... and should cover about any load of firewood that I put in that trailer.

Had to grit my teeth a bit when I was putting the wheels back on the axle when I noticed that they said "Made in CHINA" on the sidewall... :censored: :mad: :angry2: :angry:

They sure didn't have a "Made in China" type price tag on them...:bang:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back