how much does a cord weight

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's a firewood place here in NW PA that lets you back right up to the pile and load your own wood - take only the pieces you like, toss aside any undesirable species / heavy wet logs / etc, pack it and stack it as tight as you like. Then you pull over to the office, and they measure the size of your pile, and charge $1 a cubic foot. The math always goes something like this. "Let's see, that's about six feet wide, and about eight feet long, so that's forty-eight, and 18" high, a little extra on top to account for the wheel wells, ok, let's see, that comes out to... let's call it $60." I've never had any reason to argue. :laugh:

For $1.00 a cubic foot who cares if the math is off a little - still a real good deal. I pay more than that for log length.

t

too bad five years is past the statute of limitations for calling out Internet BS. pretty funny though, plus nothing like soaking your cordwood in water on delivery day.

didnt realize it was such an old thread when i commented earlier :msp_ohmy:

its a shame the guy is most likely long gone by now, id love to hear the explanation, or at least a confirmation he was joking :msp_mellow:

Latest posts

Back