How much have you burned so far?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Truck running?
Knocking on wood, yes. I drove it to Duluth and back yesterday (about 2 hours each way) with no issues.

It is a lot quieter at all speeds without two lifters clattering LOL.

If I decide to keep it I am going to take your advice and buy an entire set of lifters to keep on hand. Cause if it has to come apart again, it will be the last time.

I also reused the intake gaskets because the new set was 70 bucks and I checked multiple local stores. I will order online next time but I did not have the time to spare this time.

I burn crap wood from October to the end of December, usually about 5 cord and January thru February, 6 cord of hardwood. I'm down to my last 3/4 cord of hardwood in the woodshed with another cord stacked next to the boiler of green hardwood and then there's another cord or 2 of green pine on pallets. So I'm in to my 11th full cord for the burning season. The kitchen rebuild in the past summer added more insulation to a space that didn't have much to begin with. A bathroom rebuild this year will add more insulation. In a normally cold winter we go thru 16 full cords of wood., about a cord every 10-12 days. It used to be a 275 gal tank of fuel every other month.

Knocking on wood, yes. I drove it to Duluth and back yesterday (about 2 hours each way) with no issues.

It is a lot quieter at all speeds without two lifters clattering LOL.

If I decide to keep it I am going to take your advice and buy an entire set of lifters to keep on hand. Cause if it has to come apart again, it will be the last time.

I also reused the intake gaskets because the new set was 70 bucks and I checked multiple local stores. I will order online next time but I did not have the time to spare this time.

Let's hope you dont need to rip into it again in the future

I try and separate my wood based on what the average monthly temps are SUPPOSED to be, so next up in the shed is all red oak and hickory. Not gonna waste that on these temps!

I'm burning poplar right now. Everyone asks why I take a few every so often . Because I'm not going to burn oak or maple now . The house would bee in the 90s . As it is I burned hot for about 20 minutes and shut the stove down around 9 am ,its 74 in here right now

The winter was so mild that we burned more shoulder wood than anything, and now we're out of cherry and into the seasoned hickory I was saving for the coldest months. Seldom light the stove lately, unless night will bring colder than typical air or wind. Last time we burned was on Saturday.

Not a stick.The new Split Zone heat pump that replaced the old A/C split zones works great.
I got like 10+ cords of ash on my porch and 3+ under my carport.
Costs like 100 bucks a month to heat my house and another unit in my detached garage with these babys.
I did fire up the wood stove in the garage to Bake some powder coat on chainsaw cases this weekend tho.

I didn't really keep count this year. My guess would be about 2/3 cord, give or take. But I burn a lot of the junk wood instead of good solid selling wood. I burned some bark wood tonight just to take the chill out of the air before I jump into the shower. It was a small fire and won't last long, I'll just let it die out for the night. Winter is over down here. This might be the last fire I burn indoors this year.

6 cord so far. We keep slider door open part way with curtain covering it so our two dogs and cat can go in and out. Started burning at middle of October, heats our hot water also. We do not pay for wood, cost is saws, fuel, tools and our labor, nothing is free.

Latest posts

Back