How much to bill the insurance co.?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

millbilly

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I don't wanna leave any money laying on the table. 60 ft. spruce ft. blew over from high winds and rain. Landed on a glass 18x24 sun room, 100% glass with aluminum frame. Equipment used, chip truck, chipper, bucket truck, light crane, and all the other tools needed saws ropes clean up tools. Got the call at 8:15 am, 4 men pulled off an exsisting job went to storm job, completed removal, disposal of wood, brush and clean up by 3:20 pm. back in yard by 4:00.

Location outside of Phila., what is a fair price for this service?

Thank you for any input.

Keith

They didn't ask for a price ahead of time?

I'd charge your "regular" rate plus a % for emergency service... That % depends on how nice they were to work with/how easy the job was/extra risks your guys were exposed to, etc... (at least that is how I would have bid it ahead of time).

Personally, I'd then reduce that other client's final bill (the one you pulled off of) by a portion of that....maybe 10-15% of the extra payment you receive.

I don't wanna leave any money laying on the table. 60 ft. spruce ft. blew over from high winds and rain. Landed on a glass 18x24 sun room, 100% glass with aluminum frame. Equipment used, chip truck, chipper, bucket truck, light crane, and all the other tools needed saws ropes clean up tools. Got the call at 8:15 am, 4 men pulled off an exsisting job went to storm job, completed removal, disposal of wood, brush and clean up by 3:20 pm. back in yard by 4:00.

Location outside of Phila., what is a fair price for this service?

Thank you for any input.

Keith

I would invoice them them at $2720.00,,it is an emergency rate, you pulled off a job or limited a crew,,
That is 4 guys time's 8 hours at $85.00 per man hour,,
Jeff,,:cool:

Back