How reliable are these two trucks, please help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paolastreeservice

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Would love some help or information on these two trucks i’m most likely grabbing from a family friend for a steal. Unless they’re absolutely not worth the time and headaches. Any help would be greatly appreciated I’m not too great when it comes to my mechanic skills and just branched off from the company I was running to start my own so I can’t risk having two trucks being useless or costing thousands in repairs.

2000 Isuzu NPR
2007 Ford LCF

Thanks to whoever responds.

Attachments

• A9D585E5-9B5C-48DE-8E61-FCBA5D5CD180.jpeg
    A9D585E5-9B5C-48DE-8E61-FCBA5D5CD180.jpeg
    5.4 MB · Views: 26
  • 455C0D93-CC4F-4C46-89B8-CD9C602FE204.jpeg
    455C0D93-CC4F-4C46-89B8-CD9C602FE204.jpeg
    5.5 MB · Views: 26
1rst off, Welcome.
2nd off, find a good mechanic with a yard full of trees and do some horse trading. Or who wants to heat his shop with firewood, and who wants to smoke meat, or wants chips for mulch.
Tree work is HARD on equipment. Even if those trucks were taken care of, they will Stihl require maintenance above what a typical commercial vehicle would.
Asking anyone here to speculate on those particular trucks is no better than anywhere else on the web. If you need dumptrucks, then run em. Save your pennies for repairs/replacements.

P.S.
Post some work pics, or saw pics. Start a Husky vs Stihl thread, that'd be interesting.

Thanks for the reply I know it’s tough for anyone to say hey those trucks will last x amount of time or such and such was seeing if anyone knows of any common issues they may have or if anyone has them personally and can tell me how they enjoy them as chip trucks.

Would love some help or information on these two trucks i’m most likely grabbing from a family friend for a steal. Unless they’re absolutely not worth the time and headaches. Any help would be greatly appreciated I’m not too great when it comes to my mechanic skills and just branched off from the company I was running to start my own so I can’t risk having two trucks being useless or costing thousands in repairs.

2000 Isuzu NPR
2007 Ford LCF

Welcome to the Forum.
If the truck have the Isuzu's 4JJ1-TC engine, I would take the Isuzu, that is the Eco Max engine.

2000 Isuzu NPR
2007 Ford LCF

A tree company I worked for ran one of those for there clean up crew. It never seemed to break down and was great on fuel. It had little power but seemed to always get the job done.

Thanks for the replies guys I appreciate it I’m most likely going to be getting them regardless of problems or fixes that they will need (part of a package deal) Definitely adding some nice new boxes on the beds but please keep any info coming anyone has for me I want to learn all I can about them so I can keep them in tip top shape. I prefer first hand experiences from this forum over the info i get on google.

Latest posts

Back