ArboristSite.com Sponsors

1. Please see this post Click Here Please ask questions if you have them!! I hope this is going to be great for us all.
    Dismiss Notice

How to Find and Arborist

Discussion in 'Homeowner Helper Forum' started by mh9162013, Jul 4, 2018.

1. mh9162013

mh9162013 ArboristSite Member

I live in western Kentucky and have a nice back yard with a lot of tree cover around the property boundaries. I'd like to have an arborist or other tree professional come out and help identify what trees we have and maybe do some heavy trimming or select felling to give the yard a bit more sun light. So my questions are:

- Any recommendations on who I could hire in this area?
    - Any questions or key points I should ask or look for when deciding on who to hire?

I don't know if this is the best place to ask this question, but I've been a lurker for a while and know there is a lot of knowledge and experience here.

Thanks!

2. ryanredvers

ryanredvers ArboristSite Lurker

if they have been an arborist for longer that's better bigtime. over 10 years is good. over 20 is better. definately a certified arborist though. they should be able to identify most or all of your species unless you have a very unique collection. Better if you can make sense of what they are saying when it gets complicated, and it should get complicated to some degree when pruning heavy and working a large group of trees near a house where landscaping, privacy, shade and conservation all come into play.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

3. mh9162013

I'll keep those pointers in mind, thanks

EDIT: Is there a standard organization that certifies arborists? If there are more than one, is there a certain type of certification to look for or avoid?

4. jefflovstrom

jefflovstrom It was a beautiful day!

5. mh9162013

Thanks for the link.