How to get new contracts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Comoxvalleyarborist

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I've just Started a tree service business after being an arborist for 15 years. I have plenty of homeowner clients, but I'm looking into getting some commercial contracts with property management companies that are in charge of strata complexes. I was wondering how everyone Goes about getting new contracts? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Hello everyone. I've just Started a tree service business after being an arborist for 15 years. I have plenty of homeowner clients, but I'm looking into getting some commercial contracts with property management companies that are in charge of strata complexes. I was wondering how everyone Goes about getting new contracts? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

I've used Homeadvisor for about 4 years and have gotten a ton of residential customers but you do have to use Homeadvisor strategically otherwise you loose money. They do offer commercial leads but are just so expensive so I only request residential leads. Dont ever use Angiest list though.

Almost all of the the condo association contracts I have done came through one of the owners on the board either asking the management company to specifically seek me out (usually a reference from one of their friends or family) or instructing the management company to use a Certified Arborist.

I've also gotten some commercial work through a large lawn care company who needs help with trees and they know I won't take their work away from them.

Market to the property managers. Often the strata councils will leave the details to them.

Hit up some of your lical landscapers who specialize in strata complexes. Their insurance only allows them to go to 15'.

Be prepared for some either really bad hack jobs, or trees that have been neglected for years.

Dont get sucked in to the "race to the bottom" mentality. Price what you do so you can make decent money as you will get f*cked around.

Im not sure how the recent spike in condo insurance is going to impact the market, have to eait and see.

I think you really have to build your presence online.
In that way, it can attract commercial clients.

As stated approach your local landscapers, property manager s etc, keep an eye on new developments.
Build a reputation of professionalism and quality work. Reach out to your local development/permitting office make nice with them and you might get ryour name dropped as a recommendation. Make sure your up to date on any I surance req's local/provincial laws and requirements as well as any industry practices. Again don't get involved in the race to the bottom, price to grow your business with an eye to safety and quality work/ professionalism

Back