How to heal cuts on your hands !

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, you've had your chain jerked by a guy who thought for sure most gentleman here had enough sense to know when someone's kidding...

...but of course not by those who lack this sense.

:cheers:
icon10.gif

========================
Seriously, I have to add this before someone blows their top...

I'm kidding! I love this ****. I majored in verbal fencing, so those who lack the skill should move on or you'll get charged with entering a battle of wits... unarmed.

LOL!

Last edited:
No, you've had your chain jerked by a guy who thought for sure most gentleman here had enough sense to know when someone's kidding...

...but of course not by those who lack this sense.

icon10.gif

========================
Seriously, I have to add this before someone blows their top...

I'm kidding! I love this ****. I majored in verbal fencing, so those who lack the skill should move on or you'll get charged with entering a battle of wits... unarmed.

LOL!

I am sorry, you appear to have mistaken me for someone who cares about your opinion. :sword:

No, no need for apologizing, as you're the one with the assumption to even think I cared about your apology for you to type it.

Quite frankly I'm surprised you're still with this post.... being there's no pictures to keep you occupied.

:)

Well I won't jump out and say that's pulled out of obscurity because we all know you can't see my lips... and randomly pulling out jabs to try and keep up is a desperate leap to stay in the game. But I do recall you now...

You're the one who gave me back change after I asked you "A penny for your thoughts"... along with trying to get me to reveal how the guy pulls the quarter out from behind his ear like that; wondering where it came from.

I'll never tell.

How to heal cuts .....

For your small cuts, scrapes, been using Aloe. Apply heavy and let cover the cut and skin. Kind of forms a seal after awhile. Scars are kept to a minimum.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aloe

(cut&pasted)

Historical uses

Historical use of various Aloe species by humans is well documented. Documentation of the clinical effectiveness is available, although relatively limited.[2]

Of the 300 species of Aloe, only a few were used traditionally as a herbal medicine, aloe vera again being the most commonly used version of aloe in herbal medicine. Also included are Aloe perryi (found in northeastern Africa) and Aloe ferox (found in South Africa). The Greeks and Romans used aloe vera to treat wounds. In the Middle Ages, the yellowish liquid found inside the leaves was favored as a purgative.[citation needed] It should be noted that processed aloe that contains aloin is generally used as a laxative, whereas processed aloe vera juice that does not contain significant aloin is used for digestive healing.

Some species, particularly Aloe vera are used in alternative medicine and in the home first aids. Both the translucent inner pulp and the resinous yellow aloin from wounding the Aloe plant are used externally to relieve skin discomforts. As an herbal medicine, aloe vera juice is commonly used internally to relieve digestive discomfort"aloe for heartburn". http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0FKA/is_4_69/ai_n18791510. "aloe alt med". http://altmedicine.about.com/od/therapiesfrometol/a/heartburn.htm. "Aloe IBS study". http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/546327. . Some modern research suggests Aloe vera can significantly slow wound healing compared to normal protocols of treatment.[3]Other reviews of randomised and controlled clinical trials have provided no evidence that Aloe vera has a strong medicinal effect.[4][5]

Today, aloe vera is used both internally and externally on humans. The gel found in the leaves is used for soothing minor burns, wounds, and various skin conditions like eczema and ringworm. The extracted aloe vera juice aloe vera plant is used internally to treat a variety of digestive conditions. The use of this herbal medicine was popularized in the 1950s in many Western Countries. The gel's effect is nearly immediate; it also applies a layer over wounds that is said to reduce the chance of any infection.[3]

There have been relatively few studies about possible benefits of Aloe gel taken internally, yet it has been found to be anti-carcinogenic.[citation needed] Data also suggest that components of Aloe inhibit tumor growth.[6] There have been some studies in animal models which indicate that extracts of Aloe have a significant anti-hyperglycemic effect, and may be useful in treating Type II diabetes. These studies have not been confirmed in humans.[7]

Ah, you have not yet gotten to know me well.

First of all, what I say and fact are the same.

If there are various "opinions", what I say is not opinion, but should be taken as "fact". Or rather, it may be an opinion, but accept is as fact... because that what it turns out to be in the end.

Doctors that use tools like this LET the tool and what's being ground, cool off. They DON'T grind straight through until the job is done. They grind a little, let the tool & object cool off, then proceed again. It's a slow process, but works well.

StihlRockin'
icon10.gif

Sure, a spinning tool will work great if you are VERY careful. Probably works great if you are by a power source, which a file does not require.

You could even use a water-cooled dental drill for the very best results, but a simple file does the job very well, and there is hardly any risk of making the sore worse.

StihlRockin', you shouldn't have such thin skin. Not everyone participates in this forum to get into verbal wars, although some do. If that is what you like to do...well that's ok.

Sometimes I do that too.

By the way, I use both a dremel and a file on my very thick toenails. The file works better, and never burns through. So this may be an opinion, but accept it as fact...

StihlRockin', you shouldn't have such thin skin. Not everyone participates in this forum to get into verbal wars, although some do. If that is what you like to do...well that's ok.

That's just foolish talking now.... OR, you just misunderstood what has been said.(Most likely it) Makes no sense in the context of things... unless you can't understand the posts as there are, showing a lack of understanding, which could be due to a number of things, but am no doctor so I won't comment on what those could be. Maybe just taking a moment to try and understand may be just what you need instead of embarking on misunderstood comments.

Looking back on posts, I see my previous comments aren't necessarily in line with your opinions.... thus now understand the nature of your remarks above. Looks like you should take a tablespoon of your own medicine and get a little thicker skin my friend.

Nice day.

Last edited:
In gyymnasitcs we would have to sandpaper our callouses down to be able to close our hands correctly. They'd be very tender without that, and the welting so thick as to actually prevent hand from closing all the way. If left on, we'd have those problems, but then also the thick hide could rip off your palm all at once-ummmmmmm not good!!

I do Maple syrup.... I thought I was the only one filing down scaps...I'm not crazy!!!!

Back