How to plug a hole in a bar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roger075

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have a couple of 3/8" holes in my bar that I'd like to plug up to keep them from getting loaded up with wood chips. I've heard that you you can take soft aluminum and peen it into the holes and then grind it smooth. Any ideas on how to plug these?
Thanks,
Roger

I have a couple of 3/8" holes in my bar that I'd like to plug up to keep them from getting loaded up with wood chips. I've heard that you you can take soft aluminum and peen it into the holes and then grind it smooth. Any ideas on how to plug these?
Thanks,
Roger
not sure what you mean"holes". :thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpictures:

I resumed he was referring to the tip end hole for the nose guard (Homelite )& other holes found in laminated bars another is the Stihl mount bar 071 will fit Some Oleo macs if you plug the oil holes as the OM uses the not in use tension hole as the oil port.

Thanks Little Al!

Here's a photo of one of the bars. The other bar has a 3/8" hole in the middle of the bar about 10" from the tip.

Resized_20190103_184604 (1).jpeg

Thanks Little Al!

Here's a photo of one of the bars. The other bar has a 3/8" hole in the middle of the bar about 10" from the tip.

View attachment 713716
Yep cut some just over 3/8 sq wood pref hard wood & make a short taper on one end lay bar on a flat surface with means of driving peg through hole drive in peg as though dowel making when the outlet side has a decent finish as in a made dowel Trim of & sand flush with side of bar if the peg shows signs of coming loose soak with water for 1/2 hr or so

What species of tree are you cutting that makes the hole load up? I've heard of this, but ever experienced it myself.

Latest posts

Back