How To Remove Aluminum Transfer Without Acid

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You truly are a mastermind. I had no reason to doubt you, but I will admit I was skeptical when I first heard people talk about this method, but seeing is certainly believing. All I need now is some emory cloth :)

Do you always put your fingers out when holding the tool?

Got some good music going too, just need a glass of tea to top it off.

Another fine video production Mr. Randy!!

How do I get one of those split mandrels and that Wigglesworth thingy?

Hey you.

I want to buy that 150T from you........

I'll send you a sanding mandrel........get the Roloc mandrels on ebay.

No, I never use a hone. The hone contacts the entire bore, and therefore, can remove plating where there is no transfer. This way you are just sanding where the aluminum is at.
I was just teasing to see if I could beat the opposing sides out of the bushes ;)

Thanks for sharing, Randy. Good stuff as usual. So what was the attachment you used for your version of the Wigglesworth hone? Looks a helluva lot more effective than the eyebolt approach!

It's a Roloc Type "R" Mandrel. You can just take out the short shank, and replace it with a longer 1/4 X 20 bolt.

I'm going to sea tomorrow until Tuesday afternoon. I'll give a call Wednesday morning to chew the fat while I drive to Philadelphia for business if that works.
Nice video, really. I'm floored every time I read something from you, always sharing and happy to do it.

Jon loves that MS150.......I want to give it to him for Christmas. He just raves about how handy it is.

Looking forward to catching up my friend.....

Back