ArboristSite.com Sponsors

How to ship usps my way to save cash

Maximum!

Maximum!

ArboristSite Guru
All I really care about is that my package arrives at the destination it is supposed to in one piece. For that I pay a set price and if I need it their faster I pay a higher price. Don't need gimmicks like tracking number, who cares if it got to Memphis at 1:30am and Chicago at 9am, and insurance. Treat my package like it was your own instead of the "who cares" attitude we see today. I used to work at UPS and the speed they wanted you to work no wonder stuff gets lost or broken. You didn't have time to care.
My friend, you pay a much higher price than the “set price” of the failing USPS. I get it, they’re an iconic figure of the USA, I would love to see them succeed, hell, it’s the United States Postal Service! For that to happen though, major changes to need to be made. Enough is enough with throwing money at them and their service only getting worse. Tear the whole establishment down and go back to the roots when Benjamin Franklin was the PMG. Deliver the mail and packages for a fee that can support the service without begging for billions of dollars that the American citizens have to pay to support their now failed business model.

The truth hurts, right now the USPS is a fuggin failure and has been for over a decade. Maybe the new PMG will get things in order, I’m sure he has the credentials to fill the position and has nothing to do with the swamp, lol.

BC WetCoast

BC WetCoast

Addicted to ArboristSite
My friend, you pay a much higher price than the “set price” of the failing USPS. I get it, they’re an iconic figure of the USA, I would love to see them succeed, hell, it’s the United States Postal Service! For that to happen though, major changes to need to be made. Enough is enough with throwing money at them and their service only getting worse. Tear the whole establishment down and go back to the roots when Benjamin Franklin was the PMG. Deliver the mail and packages for a fee that can support the service without begging for billions of dollars that the American citizens have to pay to support their now failed business model.

The truth hurts, right now the USPS is a fuggin failure and has been for over a decade. Maybe the new PMG will get things in order, I’m sure he has the credentials to fill the position and has nothing to do with the swamp, lol.
Like all national postal services its role is to provide for all the citizens, not just the ones who have the financial capacity to pay full cost.
The rate should be the same whether you live in DC, LA, Honolulu or Nome, Alaska.
Like all governments, it's a matter of setting budget priorities. How many F35s equals the postal deficit? 10? 15?

Maximum!

Maximum!

ArboristSite Guru
Like all national postal services its role is to provide for all the citizens, not just the ones who have the financial capacity to pay full cost.
The rate should be the same whether you live in DC, LA, Honolulu or Nome, Alaska.
Like all governments, it's a matter of setting budget priorities. How many F35s equals the postal deficit? 10? 15?
I understand your point completely. The issue is the USPS refuses to raise their price where they could be self sufficient without relying on handouts by the taxpayers. They were designed to be net neutral, not make money, nor lose money. They refuse to raise their prices because they know their service is subpar to the other carriers and more people would bail, resulting in a snowball effect. Instead of fixing their problems, they choose to beg congress for money every time a bill comes up, to the tune of 70+ billion dollars over the past decade. We give them money and they fix nothing, things only get worse.

Maximum!

Maximum!

ArboristSite Guru
That's right...save the big-money bailouts for banks and oil companies!

:laughing:
Lol! I had a good friend who had Tourette’s syndrome and would blurt out nonsensical ramblings. He would laugh, I would laugh, he would laugh harder, I would laugh harder. If we would of been having this discussion, he would of blurted out “airlines” or “farmers”. I miss him, Thank you for the memory.