How would you work this?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just send it, but tie a big pickup to it for insurance! I’m Too big to climb a tree and scared of heights.

Climbed worse, just protect the ground, move slow, cut small and try not to jump up and down

Theres lots of great vids on YouTube of people who thought tying a truck to pull a tree was a good idea.
I get that. But it sure makes a guy feel better to cut it till it leans and then drag it down with the truck for insurance, since I don’t carry any! I cut a 100’ pine down one time someone had added onto the house in a horse shoe around. Tied a JD 4960 to it with a 1” cable. It fell as intended but I wasn’t about to risk it!
I’ve cut enough trees and pulled them down that I have a really good idea what my 05 dodge will pull down and what needs a tractor. But I live in small town Texas where many times a large tree extraction by a pro with insurance and bucket trucks can cost the full value of the home.

Latest posts

Back