How's Your Wood Pile Looking?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How many cords will you burn this winter?

• Total voters
Here's some of Dad's and mine piles at the farm.
8b2d7747fa9a5a1c46dbd7ff5caa25e6.jpg
8b323bc7dbaedf1b59e8ea0d62f983bc.jpg

Thanks, Brian

Got almost everything stacked, have a little less than a cord to put up. Somewhere around 7-8 cord total between the two oaks cut this summer and one last fall. So I'll be cutting wood for the 2017-2018 winter this fall...nice to have some surplus!

20150830_191034.jpg

20150830_190920.jpg

I guess I haven't commented in here for a while.

My hunting cabin is well stocked for sauna heating and fire pit burning this fall. I've got about 1 1/2 cords with the newest wood CSS last fall.

My home fire pit stack now has about 2 cords with over half of that being either fully seasoned or dry enough to burn.

My cabin supply is pretty run down. I've got about three wheelbarrows worth left from last year for the fireplace and about another four wheelbarrows worth of dimensional scraps for the fire pit. I have about 2 cords worth of Norway pine split large for the boiler that is drying out near my hunting cabin that I'll transport home this fall. I will have lots for next year as soon as the power co shows up to drop about 8 cords worth of dying/dead wood along the right of way.

I guess I haven't commented in here for a while.

My hunting cabin is well stocked for sauna heating and fire pit burning this fall. I've got about 1 1/2 cords with the newest wood CSS last fall.

My home fire pit stack now has about 2 cords with over half of that being either fully seasoned or dry enough to burn.

My cabin supply is pretty run down. I've got about three wheelbarrows worth left from last year for the fireplace and about another four wheelbarrows worth of dimensional scraps for the fire pit. I have about 2 cords worth of Norway pine split large for the boiler that is drying out near my hunting cabin that I'll transport home this fall. I will have lots for next year as soon as the power co shows up to drop about 8 cords worth of dying/dead wood along the right of way.

Sounds like some good work to break in the 2186!

I'd been piling it, estimated 12 cords in piles. I stacked some pine, cedar and hickory next to our fire pit and thought man this isn't too bad. So I stacked yesterday's splittings. I'm not very good at it but it looks nice and organized compared to a pile. This about 10' long 5' high plus the single skid of small stove chunks. This is part of the for sale inventory. All oak! Red, white and pin oak in it. Got plenty more!
d024f7c80507ec804cf83f357bc02985.jpg
3e3b0a950c0ff405dd61021621ebf09c.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Yes, I see the two different roof lines, and is that an old milking parlor?
Yes we sold the milk cow two years ago. Dad and I just do a little crop farming now, and cuts firewood for something to do.
I try to get there as much as I can but I work 50+hrs a week, he goes out every day and makes a little bit. He has no hobbies but work so now that he's retired that's what he does.

Latest posts

Back