HT101 problems

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishingrod47

Reaction score
I have a Stihl HT101 pole saw that has probably not been used more than a dozen times. I started it last spring and let it warm up for a couple of minutes but before I could use it it simply cut out. I attempted to restart it but was not successful. I put an aftermarket carburetor on it, redid the whole fuel system and could never get it to run right. I basically went over everything, including pressure testing the crankcase, adjusting the valves, even went so far as to breaking down the engine. I has set all winter and I just put an OEM carb on and it won't start at all. I am totally frustrated. Anyone had any similar experiences?

I’ve work on 100s of the 4 mix engines
Check valve adjustment. Orders you a valve cover gasket kit and it will come with special valve shin needed to do adjustment.

Make sure the large hose going to carb is on the brass barb.

on aftermarket carb for the 4 mix they suck!! Ones I used had an opening near the accelerator pump you could spary carb clean on it and engine would die. I put around 5 on and they all came back, I installed oem with me fronting the extra cost

Don’t forget the basics

I’ve work on 100s of the 4 mix engines
Check valve adjustment. Orders you a valve cover gasket kit and it will come with special valve shin needed to do adjustment.

Make sure the large hose going to carb is on the brass barb.

on aftermarket carb for the 4 mix they suck!! Ones I used had an opening near the accelerator pump you could spary carb clean on it and engine would die. I put around 5 on and they all came back, I installed oem with me fronting the extra cost

Don’t forget the basics

Tell us about the "special shim" needed to adjust the valves. Feeler gauge won't work? I'm a newbie to 4-mix.

for the 4 mix engine

Attachments

• SVC 208 STIHL Four-Stroke Valve Service-ba49361096083095d08f200af21a4708.pdf
    994.7 KB · Views: 7
Back