http://www.calaverasenterprise.com/news/article_93ddd8b6-1b00-11e7-a2dd-db5efd4c12e9.html

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is sad. Who ever was in charge of putting him in that position should be taken to task. He probably had no experience with cutting aloft.

This reminds me of the 21 year old that works for me. He's a slow learner and "wants to climb and get in the bucket". I would never think about that unless he got his **** together and showed he could operate safely.

It is sad. Who ever was in charge of putting him in that position should be taken to task. He probably had no experience with cutting aloft.

This reminds me of the 21 year old that works for me. He's a slow learner and "wants to climb and get in the bucket". I would never think about that unless he got his **** together and showed he could operate safely.

I googled the company, out of Kentucky, interesting.
Jeff

He had his climbing belt on and if the piece hitting him in the chest didn't kill him the fall would of snapped his back.
I spoak with him the day before. My boss and I were using the bucket. We were taking some big tops, with the lean.
He was impressed and throw us the thumbs up sign. I never knew him to have worked a bucket. That oak was across the road that killed him. He had already pulled over a big piece against the lean. It failed and fell on the opposite side of the bucket. He took the next one and it killed him. It was over an archeological site. Other wise the trees would of been free felled.
I drove by and someone dropped it right on the arch site.

Thank you Jeff. The whole thing has effected me. The 2ed fatality with in a week was more then my boss could handle and he packed up and left. Both deaths were preventable in my eyes.
Lack of adequate supervision and training I believe cost those two 21 year olds their lives.
It was greed and Beurocracy that is to blame.
The day before the 1st accident my boss said to me someone's going to be serious hurt or killed.
I had been trying to get different rigging methods approved that could of prevented the 2ed. Sad. I'll never see things the same again.

Thank you Jeff. The whole thing has effected me. The 2ed fatality with in a week was more then my boss could handle and he packed up and left. Both deaths were preventable in my eyes.
Lack of adequate supervision and training I believe cost those two 21 year olds their lives.
It was greed and Beurocracy that is to blame.
The day before the 1st accident my boss said to me someone's going to be serious hurt or killed.
I had been trying to get different rigging methods approved that could of prevented the 2ed. Sad. I'll never see things the same again.

That's nuts. I had no idea you were with this company. Are you going to stick around?

I left those fools. I had to sign a non-Disclosure . I'm up there doing the same thing but with a different company.

I hope you make out good Wade, but that
disclosure is junk,,the court throws them out,
You have a lot of talent to share.
Honestly, you should be working as an Operations Manager for a large company!
Just my 2 cents
Jeff :dancing:

The company I work at now are talking about making me a safety something or another. I'm slowing down a little every year. I just turned 59. I told my wife I'll stop climbing at 62. ( on a daily basis) if I'm still around. Tomorrow's never promised, especially in this business.

I googled the company, out of Kentucky, interesting.
Jeff
The vast majority of these company's are from out of state. No offense to you Easterners, but their not prepared for West coast timber. Doing massive dead trees on steep terrain, next to HV and houses isn't something you want to learn on. They can't get enough experienced climbers.
The pay doesn't match the work, a million fake rules and regs. just to cover their liability. It's a recipe for disaster.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.my...olumne-county-killed-during-accident.html/amp

This young man I didn't know personally, but I've talk to some of his co workers and seen photos of the tree. It broke about 10 ft above the ground. Lots of those trees are like 18 inch DBH and 150 ft tall.
If an experienced person was on site he wouldn't of neg. Rig that tree..
Use of a safblock, or double pulleys, may of saved his life but are not Allowed.

Latest posts

Back