Hud-Son Sawyer bandsaw mill update.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey 30Days, I just noticed your question on the other thread and yes, I welded automotive screw jacks to all 4 corners under the trailer and I have it set up slightly leaning towards the back of the trailer to where I don't really push the mill head, I just sort of guide it. Make sure to put the rail stops on though! lol!!
My OE - also remember to lower your log dogs before the blade tries to do it for you!

Yup, almost rolled the mill right off the trailer when I was first setting up the screw jacks lol...

Yea, one of my dogs has a nick out of it cuz I was watching the other side lol...

I'm not sure if anyone is interested, but just in case you are I have been using this mill like crazy every since I got it last May or June. I have only swapped blades once, changed the oil in the motor and that's honestly about it. I haven't even checked all the bolts in the last few months because I've been using this thing about 30 hours each weekend. I have just under 4000 bf processed as of this last weekend. I now have stacks of lumber on all 4 sides of my shop, inside the shop, along the back side of the house and pretty much anywhere else I can fit it lol... I also just used some of the very first lumber processed this weekend by building a 2nd level inside my shop. It's pretty awesome how hard the screws and lag bolts bite into this wood. I CANNOT EXPRESS MY OVERALL HAPPINESS ENOUGH WITH THIS MILL!!!!!! I would never hesitate suggesting this saw to a weekend lumber warrior like myself.

So, you have been sawing for 9 months, at 30 hours a weekend and you are on your second band???

That's two days at 15 hours a day!

Now, that would be impressive!

SR

Yup, in fact this last weekend my middle son and I were in milling logs just before 6 am and my wife brought us dinner in the woods at 11pm. We've kind of got it down where we drop the trees during the week, limb them, skid them to the mill and mill all weekend long. I've got a 5 year plan, and it's going to take 2 years of milling and drying so times a wasting :)
So, you have been sawing for 9 months, at 30 hours a weekend and you are on your second band???

That's two days at 15 hours a day!

Now, that would be impressive!

SR

You may have mentioned it here already, but can you buy track extensions for this unit? This is the mill I was going to go with but id like eventually to go longer

Latest posts

Back