HUGE competition chainsaw!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HUGE Hot Saw

I thought the same thing when I saw this on ebay yesterday. I've built and run hot saws, like you said, its just an old Zip. I got a kick out of it being complete with the old style rope starter. Someone should tell him that it is missing the recoil, and that the saw is worth about 10.00. If he thinks that is huge, he should learn that the Zip is one of the smallest saws that Homelite made in the late 50,s and try to pick up an old one man Disston.
P.S. Orange is my favorite color and my to favorite numbers are 394 and 3120.

Yup, I've seen it before- they start to feel better and then they refuse to take their medication :D Just a matter of time before they're back in that jacket with the really long arms that tie in the back. But seriously, you saw racers ought to know the incredible compression potential with the piston firmly stuck in the bore- 0% leakdown :rolleyes:

i think it is not a matter of it being stuck they just have not broken in the special rings - rust. they seal great and don't let a damn thing leak. but my zip has some power left in it still.

Yup, looks like my old Zip. Missing the spark plug cover along with the recoil. Hey, maybe the air filter is still good. . . .

OK now that one goes WAY past missing a couple doses of your meds- do you suppose I can bid on it and then retract because only someone with severe reality problems would have bid in the first place?? :D

and that saw is no newer than mid 50's not 40's. that guy eiter paid too much for it in the first place and is trying to make 5 bucks off it or something.

Its getting ridiculous whats being sold on ebay. Most of the saws that have starting bids of $50.00 where found on the top of the trash pile. It blows my mind what people think of as "Antiques".
:alien:

Wow he relisted it .. drop the starting bid to $400 What a deal better bid before someone beats me too it !!!!

Ebay is really getting tough to get a nice deal on old saws. What happened, about a year ago they were as cheap as dirt. Heck around here people throw them in the trash without a thought. Though I did get a nice deal on a EZ1 homelite similar to the HUGE SUPER COMPETITION SAW!! Only $6.00 seller said it was locked up got it out of the box fired right up with some gas haha.

I cant believe you guys..my friends... are picking apart my auctions..I am selling quality products at a quality price...sheesh...

lmao...
I don't do drugs anymore 'cause I find I get the same effect just standing up really fast.

I continuously hunt for things, chainsaws included, on eBay. I've missed more good chiansaws than I've found, but that's life. The deals I've found on used power tools are incredible.

Pioneer, I'm surprised you didn't get the 1072 I bought. It closed at $19.99 with no bids, so I offered the guy $10 and he took it.

you guys just do not understand the true ability of these antique saws. i had a guy show up at the shop wanting to trade an early 1950's homlite even for a brand new 044 stihl. he swore up and down the homelite will either cut with or maybe even out cut the 044. all i did was ask him why he wanted to trade in such a power house and offered him $10.00 for the homlite. he got EXTREAMLY pissed off and slammed the shop door so hard when he left he loosened it from the concrete wall. i did not even get a chance to show him all the antique saws hanging from the shop cieling. the most expensive one being a 1961 david bradley running, unscratched with the owners manuel at $25.00.
protect yourselves; marty

Latest posts

Back