• Please be aware that we have recently gotten a wave of users that, when researched, are found to be from Nigeria. They are trying to sell products and asking to be paid through Zelle or Venmo leaving users with no recourse if they don't ship the product. If you suspect this activity please contact admin and we will research their information to verify their location.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Peak Industries

Huge Redwoods & More

M.D. Vaden

M.D. Vaden

vadenphotography.com
Website
www.mdvaden.com
This year we put extra effort to look in new unexplored niches of Redwood National and State Parks and Redwood National Park. And a good number of unknown redwoods were found. The one below is not the biggest. I applied for a research permit to be off-trail in conjunction with measuring. One condition of permits is not disclosing locations, but we would have done that anyway.

I will also be posting various non-exploration Redwood Coast images too from an assortment of places.

M.D. Vaden

M.D. Vaden

vadenphotography.com
Website
www.mdvaden.com
Did you mess with this magnificent pic digitally Mario? It's awe inspiring regardless. Almost supernatural mate!
The image is adjusted, as most digital images should be. That's the nice part about RAW.

It was so foggy, it was hard to lock focus. I didn't even think it was going to look half that good from the first preview on the camera. It seems to take some extra adjustment to make up for not being there in-person. In that regard, adjustments of the redwoods are not really exaggerations, because nothing beats seeing or feeling it.

mga

wandering
ok, I have a question: was watching a segment on redwoods on the science channel. they showed a couple guys climbing them. they said the trees were like 300 feet tall. however, there was a rope dropped from the top that they were using. how did the rope get there? or, are there several ropes along the way?

they did show the guy using some thing like a bow and arrow set up to shoot a line up, but I can't see them doing this for 300 feet....or do they?

excellent pics, by the way!!!

M.D. Vaden

M.D. Vaden

vadenphotography.com
Website
www.mdvaden.com
ok, I have a question: was watching a segment on redwoods on the science channel. they showed a couple guys climbing them. they said the trees were like 300 feet tall. however, there was a rope dropped from the top that they were using. how did the rope get there? or, are there several ropes along the way?

they did show the guy using some thing like a bow and arrow set up to shoot a line up, but I can't see them doing this for 300 feet....or do they?

excellent pics, by the way!!!
Sometimes they use more than one rope.

Occasionally, they traverse from an adjacent tree top then down into one they want to be in. Like if there were concerns of dangerous debris and they want to come down over the debris instead of from beneath.

Typically they ascend each tree from beneath with the crossbow and lines to set the climbing line. They have various special lanyards and extra ropes if needed.

M.D. Vaden

M.D. Vaden

vadenphotography.com
Website
www.mdvaden.com
Just when you think you're doing good and have a handle on life and all of it's challenges, you look at those trees, all the while realizing just how long they've been around, and you then feel a bit humbled.
It's remarkable just how many seasons and storms these trees have seen and weathered.