• Please be aware that we have recently gotten a wave of users that, when researched, are found to be from Nigeria. They are trying to sell products and asking to be paid through Zelle or Venmo leaving users with no recourse if they don't ship the product. If you suspect this activity please contact admin and we will research their information to verify their location.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors

Huge Redwoods & More

TNTreeHugger

TNTreeHugger

Addicted to ArboristSite
Planted today. :dancing:
My little trees aren't looking so good.
Can someone tell me when I can expect to see new growth begin and if these trees have a "dormant color" that is different from their non-dormant color?
I haven't contacted the seller yet, but I will if I don't see some improvement soon. :(

M.D. Vaden

M.D. Vaden

vadenphotography.com
Website
www.mdvaden.com
You and people like you project this great love for nature and yet you are looking for fame and profit.
We had a discussion a decade ago on this subject and I said no good would come from this ''discovery'', I was correct.
Here is the 'story' about your fellow handjobs. The greed of a Federal employee and the opportunistic adventurers who bought the map, led to this desecration .
http://www.metafilter.com/59952/Discovery-of-Largest-Redwood-Stand
Actually, I find people like you are so removed from inside knowledge, you won't have a clue who really did what for what reason. In a nutshell, you probably have better idea what's going on inside your anus than whatever projects, posts or writings me and a few others tinkered with over the years. Literally. Because at least you can get a scope or your head up your butt to ascertain all the facts, as opposed to internet activity that inherently maintains a wall. So your opinion isn't worth two cents IMO. And the comment about "profit" is hollow from a business point of view. Most photographers or arborists I know continually advertise and broaden their influence and reputations. Your statement runs cross-grain to successful networking. I've met a few folks in person over the years who finally realized how duped they became about their own speculations. Who finally realized they formed a tainted conclusion based only on what their eyes had available to see.

On another note ...

South fork of the Smith River near Jedediah Smith redwood park.

NIP Group
M.D. Vaden

M.D. Vaden

vadenphotography.com
Website
www.mdvaden.com
What makes the water look so green? Minerals?
Serpentine mineral rock. I first learned about it at a botanical wayside about 10 miles up the highway where there's a bog of carnivorous plants called Darlintonia. The interpretive sign included information about the local mineral rock and water color in the river.

RandyMac

RandyMac

Stiff Member
Actually, I find people like you are so removed from inside knowledge, you won't have a clue who really did what for what reason. In a nutshell, you probably have better idea what's going on inside your anus than whatever projects, posts or writings me and a few others tinkered with over the years. Literally. Because at least you can get a scope or your head up your butt to ascertain all the facts, as opposed to internet activity that inherently maintains a wall. So your opinion isn't worth two cents IMO. And the comment about "profit" is hollow from a business point of view. Most photographers or arborists I know continually advertise and broaden their influence and reputations. Your statement runs cross-grain to successful networking. I've met a few folks in person over the years who finally realized how duped they became about their own speculations. Who finally realized they formed a tainted conclusion based only on what their eyes had available to see.

On another note ...

South fork of the Smith River near Jedediah Smith redwood park.

Ya feel better now? I guess you told me off.
Well now, I have lived in Redwood country most of my life and explored a great deal of it, far more than most people dream off.
Yes the Cocksmoker Creek gang profited from their little overhyped hike, in prestige and other non monetary things.
Just how many Redwoods must be molested to charge the egos of a few? So, do tell, what new intel is garnered by driving spikes into yet another pristine tree?
I have real on the ground knowledge on the subject, my head isn't up my ass and I'm thinking your's is.
You are a lapdog follower.

M.D. Vaden

M.D. Vaden

vadenphotography.com
Website
www.mdvaden.com
Ya feel better now? I guess you told me off.
Well now, I have lived in Redwood country most of my life and explored a great deal of it, far more than most people dream off.
Yes the Cocksmoker Creek gang profited from their little overhyped hike, in prestige and other non monetary things.
Taylor, Atkins, Sillett, etc., ... advanced redwood science, education and tree measuring practices. Taylor and Atkins have companies interacting with them to test new and existing equipment from what I gather, allowing them to help thousands of forest and tree workers across the globe do work more efficiently. In addition to new science about forests that helps private land holders plan future harvesting, Sillett aided crews filming for entertainment and education. In a nutshell, they put their boots on the ground, invested and completed college, worked diligently, and left behind something that millions of others can enjoy.

Basically, that's a track record most other people compliment and appreciate.

M.D. Vaden

M.D. Vaden

vadenphotography.com
Website
www.mdvaden.com
I for one enjoy the pics. Keep the crap OUT of the threads!!!!!!!!!!!!
One more from today. The sun was starting to shine first thing up at Jedediah Smith park, so I drove down to Prairie Creek about 30 minutes south and it was overcast. I like the softer lighting.

M.D. Vaden

M.D. Vaden

vadenphotography.com
Website
www.mdvaden.com
Are those the trees feeder roots poking through the dirt?
Probably. There's so many roots around the big redwoods, if someone lifted needles they will probably see roots underneath. This spot doesn't get time to accumulate needles with over 80 yrs. of visitors stopping to look and wearing the needles into powder.