Hurricane Clean-UP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
South Carolina

Leaving now to go to New Orleans. Hope to find out what is needed and problems getting into the system. I'll post when we get back tonight. Anyone wanting to contact me can call on my cell at 843-816-1323. You may have some issues that I don't think about asking.
Lets get together and make a differance in rebuilding this country.
God bless you all.

Standing by,

Treebob

clean up and hauling

Just go in from "THE ZONE". Much distruction everwhere and much work to do. I met with at least 6 people today that were working as a sub-contractor.

Problems range from the following:

General contractors not paying subs
General contractors moving to new areas with out warning
Fema taking away work from one general contractor and giving to another.
Dump sites backed up for hours because of so many people here
No place to stay, even if you have a tent or camper.
Truck and equipment field repair people non existant
DOT doing their job. No really, really, really, doing their job.
No Secure areas to park your equipment at night

The List goes on and on. I've met some people that claim they have made a lot of money. I can only suppose that they happen to be in the right place at the right time with the exact time with the right equipment.

The sad part about all of this is that there seams to really be no exact problem, other than not enough government employies to regulate all aspects of all opperations. They fix one thing and that breaks something else. One hand is not talking to another.

Well time to eat and I'll post more later.

Frustrated in "THE ZONE"

TREEBOB

Hey Folks,

I have to agree with TreeBob.
The locals love us for being informative, honest, and hard working, but it seems some of the county offices and local state and gov. are not as welcoming.
Also some areas licenses are alot higher than the other areas and requirements also get stiffer.
As far as "making alot of money" ....I've heard someone bragg the money story also... makes me sick to hear, I've also heard about the ones who have suffered money loss by the trip, they are probably the ones more likely helping.
Hopefully everyone who goes to help does ok... I'm not in it for the money or the glory, as posted when Katrina 1st came through, but I will pay my bills and helpers.
I have alot of pics to show starting at Katrina landfall...I just have to find time to uplaod and sift through them.
let me know If I can be of some help.
Peace,
boo

Last edited:
Room and board in New Orleans

Hello everyone,

If there are any of you who are willing and able to do tree and limb removal in New Orleans in exchange for room and board please contact me.

I have been doing same for the past two weeks in Algiers and the 7th Ward. There are many projects that require equipment and training that the other volunteers and I do not have. 12" diameter limbs lodged in a tree 40 feet above a residential street for instance.

I am working with the Common Ground Collective (http://www.commongroundrelief.org).

My email is [email protected], my phone is 608-213-0538.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Matt Collier

Hey Matt, welcome to ArboristSite!
If there are any of you who are willing and able to do tree and limb removal in New Orleans in exchange for room and board please contact me.
That may work. Arborists generally come down in teams, so are you offering that up for a climber, or for an arborist squad? We will pair you up.

The work you describe is what we do, going up where normal people don't.

Please drop back in and let us all know when you've hooked up.

======++++++++=========+++++++++++++============

TreeBob, you and Boo have been amazing in there. Long stints just going at it day after day. The info you've been feeding us back has been really helpful.

I'll be posting some Pantheraba video here very soon.

Another trip to The Zone

I'm leaving on the 4th of November for the Gulf again. I work with my church, Community Bible Church, Beaufort South Carolina. We try to fill the gaps that Fema and Red Cross leave. We do things like fill cars with gas, buy bus and airplain tickets or maybe fix someones car so they can get out of the shelter and go live with family or friends elsewhere. I've even given advise on damaged trees and removed hazerdous trees. It's not a pretty site. I talk to everyone about trees, hauling, stump grinding, and other issues. Things there are not normal. People there are without hope. Many don't care about rebuilding. If I get good news about work, I'll post asap. If not, I'll post when I get back.

Treebob
843-816-1323 :angel:

Back