hurricane Frances

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treeslayer

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I want to work this storm, anybody down there that can point me to the right areas please respond. will be travelling light, but I have a lot of storm experience and live for pressurized wood.:D I'll bring a good ground man, climbing gear, and 3-4 saws.

pressure wood

Sounds fubar!
Lets check in with emergency personell in the town it hits. And give them the first week.

link up

I now live in the Mountains of North Georgia.
We could link up in Atlanta. Ruff drive thru the storm Sunday night.
And get busy Monday Morning.

what to expect

I figure I'll be leaving my rake at the house.
Slayer, good to talk to you on the phone.

We need about 3 climbers just like you did it last time and made that phenonmal $ with the crane.

I figure if we need it rent it.

I'm very mobil. Got no family. Could stay months.

I may just drive my VMAX. Its got 145hp.FAST!
Wear my gear in my rucksack.Id look like a chainsaw/motorcycle freek.Kool!

I'm looking to head down as well, unfortunately not till the 14 or 15th, I'll be w/ trailer, gear, 4-5 saws, probobally will bring another climber/groundman. I'll be making sure the insurance is all up to date as well.

I've got quite a bit of storm experience, all be it mostly ice damage however. Can't wait to get down there and help out.

Anyone wanna hook up? Xtreme or Slayer? If so give me a ring on my cell 913-522-4993. What are your guys cell #'s?

Murph, are you going for stumps?

Roger tree Junkie,.
912-381-tree(8733)
Add me to the list of professional climbers.
I wear Petzl head gear. Slayer has peltor mic's might try that
I've Got Motorolas they reach 1/2 mile.

Dont know when. Slayer says you want to be there right when it hits he made a good lick during Isabelle.

Rocky is in Orlando. Thats a little out of the way, I think it'll land south of there.

I got 8 ropes. 3 Husky saws. I could bring truck and trailer as well. But i dont think the trailer would be needed.

Roger that Rocky,
Here's a pic of most folks leaving the area.Have they blocked off 95 south bound?

I Am gearing up to leave on Tuesday with the stump grinder... Only problem is I Am swamped and way behind on regular work up here already... just not stumps.... Trying to set it up to sell and grind stumps without me, but my operator says he wants a percentage and he doesn't think he can gross enough to make it worth his while, without me down there hustling the sales...
Talking to Rayco about buying a second machine and might even bring the tree gear and fly in Big Jon or something....
There are life altering choices to make here...
Everytime I look at that map, I just cringe, thinking about all that death and destruction.... We are definitely not in control here....
And it is still early in the season... Butterflies in my stomach!

Roger That on leaving the Trailer aT home.

Brandon Hendrickson
913-522-4993

Xtreme what's your name anyhow?

Nothing wrong with a trailer... as long as it has a bobcat or stump grider on it... Sometimes i think it would be easier to chip than drag to the street... but who really knows.... Guess if you got a big enough crane, you pic the tree off the house, drop it on the curb, slice and dice and move on...
My buddy in south miami is packing up to drive out later tonight... Hope his house makes it OK... We'd have fun staying there...

Roger that Murphy,
I have been activated in the guard for several Hurricans. To stop looters mostly it really is one of the saddest things ive gone thru.
Fran, Opal, Hugo. Ive seen whole trailer parks washed 100 meters downrange. One island turned into 3 island. Closest thing to a nucelar bomb a feller could get i recon. Everyone will be crying and pretty much in shock and awe.

Originally posted by TreeJunkie
Roger That on leaving the Trailer aT home.

Brandon Hendrickson
913-522-4993

Xtreme what's your name anyhow?

Hey brandon,
Names Robert Adams. I run mostly husky. I been spikeless scence 94. Ive owned my own company scence 1999.
Im in the Georgia National Guard so I hope they dont call me up. Doubt it but if they do I'm obliged to go in a Humvee.

Daniel that would be the way to go.
I Worked a 20 ton in Biltmore Forest for about a year. We tied a loop runner above the ball and worked off a split tail. Let me tell ya its quick and safe.

I like to work big stuff with my Sampson 15,600 lb 150 footer but doing that on a unstable uprooted tree will be a challenge i look forward to.

Sounds good Robert! Every application has it's place. Hopefully this will bring the need for some interesting rigging scenarios. I'm ready for something hairy. This day to day thing is getting old. I live for storm work...

Let's bust arse for about 4months and then take off till March.
Unless another big ice storm will hit this winter.

Hey guys,

Looking to head out for the storm. Leaving from Northwest Louisiana. 2 trucks (1 w/ chipbox, bobcat, chipper; 1 w/ 28ft camper), all my climbing gear, saws, oil and gas. I'll be climbing (owner and Louisiana Arborist #1132), 2 very good ground men, 2 good workers that can drag. We'll be self contained, as long as we can get water, gas, and diesel.

We're all firemen going to take a couple weeks vacation. We know natural disasters and risks that go with them (electric lines, gas lines, unstable structures.)

I don't have a ISA certification or another state license, but have plenty of insurance.

Call me 318-469-3374

Thanks and good luck
Raymond Wilkinson

Back