Husk 562XP part

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timmangan

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I’m currently putting a new piston and cylinder in my husky, and found this guy just hanging out.
any idea what it is and where it goes?

Attachments

• 6B59E9AA-F0D5-451B-991E-3158F629DFF1.jpeg
    6B59E9AA-F0D5-451B-991E-3158F629DFF1.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 13
  • EE97FB6A-625B-4408-AF5C-00AD0F3CECDD.jpeg
    EE97FB6A-625B-4408-AF5C-00AD0F3CECDD.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 13
Guys thank you. I found another two more in the old cylinder head, buuuut only two. So I have three.
still searching everywhere but only three.
I tried to find another one on eBay but no luck.
but more important, where is the other one?!?
My engine is turning smooth with no signs of it in there, but could it still have fallen in and is in there?? Just waiting... to destroy my saw??

I lost one of mine when I rebuilt my 562. My local dealer goofed me around, so I got one off parts tree. Got a few other tid bits to make it worth the shipping. I would think it it's in the case it should come out. Not a lot of room in there for such things, with the stuffers on the crank. Here's the work shop manual. Let me know if it doesnt open for some reason.

Attachments

• 562xp AT workshop manual .pdf
    6.3 MB · Views: 2
Theres a reason for those spacers. I assume it has something to do with the stretch when the bolt is torqued down. They arnt expensive, just get your gaskets and what not from the same place.

I think all the five series have the long bolt and spacer set up (I've worked on many of the models) , something to do with heat cycles and tension stretch, have a close look down the cylinder fin holes you may find the missing spacer stuck halfway! What I have also found on disassembly is a spacer has a tendancy to leap out and stick to the flywheel magnet.
My Top tip on rebuilding, is to coat the cylinder gasket with a thin layer of dirko before reassembly. Kind regards, Toby

Back