Huskee 22 ton 6.5 HP log splitter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use a Huskee 35 ton for my firewood business and I really like it, splits anything at all and at $1750 I don't see how you can go wrong. Only problem is the 15 second cycle time.

Did you buy the Huskee yet?:)

No, I haven't had the extra cash yet. Seems like something else always pops up that takes priority. I'll rent a splitter again this year then I should be able to get a new one next year.

Steve, your avitar is freakin' me out.:dizzy:

I use a Huskee 35 ton for my firewood business and I really like it, splits anything at all and at $1750 I don't see how you can go wrong. Only problem is the 15 second cycle time.

Me too. Got mine for about 1500 though. It split a cord of nasty, narly, twisted elm last Sun. It's probably done min 100 cords in the 5 or so years I've owned it.

Mike

No, I haven't had the extra cash yet. Seems like something else always pops up that takes priority. I'll rent a splitter again this year then I should be able to get a new one next year.

Steve, your avitar is freakin' me out.:dizzy:

I bought my huskee 22 ton 6.5 briggs from TSC and got lucky when a nice guy who worked there gave me a card good for a one time 10% discount. Got a $999.95 splitter for $100 off.

I called my local rental place and they wanted $45 a day or $135 a week. So I guess it will pay for itself in the short run.

Its split everything I have tried, even though it groans with crotch wood.

Shipper

What model did you get and are you satisfied with it?

thanks

I have the Huskee 22 ton. Yes, it works great. I had borrowed a friends splitter, which was the same Huskee. After using it for a weekend, I went out and bought my own fron TSC.

buy the husky

I got a 22 ton husky from tsc that had been used for a weekend by an employee. they knocked off 250$ I couldn't build one for that even using used stuff . so I had to have it . it has split some real nasty yellow wind twisted birch from the mountains of vt. with no problem.

Joined the Huskee 22 Club

Took 046, Big Woody, Hiwayherbie, bigair, Shipper 50 and Acemaster, et al advise and purchased it. Used for 5 hours of use this weekend with my boys. I really like it. My boys' appreciate it even more :D

Last edited:
Took 046, Big Woody, Hiwayherbie, bigair, Ahipper 50 and Acemaster, et al advise and purchased it. Used for 5 hours of use this weekend with my boys. I really like it. My boys' appreciate it even more :D

Glad its working for you. I am sure you will more than get your moneys worth. Did you get it at TSC? And if so did you get the 10% off?

I have been called a lot of things in my life, but (hipper) is not one of them:hmm3grin2orange:

Shipper:laugh:

My Bad Shipper50

Will work on my typing:bang::buttkick:

No, I didn't get 10% off:( but still feel like I got a bargain. Glad you got the 10% though.

I'm looking at purchasing a Huskee 22 ton 6.5 HP Briggs & Stratton log splitter for occaisional homeowner use, splitting only a cord or two per year of mostly red oak trees with diameters between 8"-24" and lengths of about 20". I was wondering if anyone has experience with this particular machine. One reason I ask is because I rented a log splitter recently that had difficulty splitting the 24" pieces. I was only able to split them by positioning them on their very edges and taking small slices off at a time. I don't want to buy a log splitter that is not going to be able to split 24" pieces. I called the rental business yesterday to ask how many tons and HP their log splitters are rated for and was told they are 10 ton with 10 HP motors. So I assume that a new 22 ton splitter shouldn't have any problems splitting 24" red oak?

just bought the same thing last week......nothing stops that S.O.B. very impressed so far bigger stuff i go vertical with good to have an x tra set of hands too good luck

Thanks for all of the info. I was at Sears a couple of days ago and was looking at their logsplitter. It was a Craftsman 27 ton with a 6.5 HP Briggs & Stratton for $1300. Same price as the Huskee 27 ton 6.5 HP. Anyone know who makes the Craftsman logsplitters? Though I'll probably go with the Huskee 22 ton, I'm curious who makes the Craftsman splitters.

Huskee @1000 $ at Tractor supply

Huskee 22 ton 6.5 horsepower log splitter from TSC

I am asking this for my dad. Has anyone ever had a problem with the couplings? Have the ears ever sheared off?
When the splitter was assembled in appears to have been assembled incorrectly.
The shaft on the motor was too long for the setup and they cut a hole in the spider in order for the motor to be bolted to the bracket.
Now the only way I can see to correct it is to make a spacer between the motor and the bracket before installing a new coupling.
Has anyone had this problem? Or any suggestions as to why this has happened? Or how to repair it?

you need to call Speeco directly and ask for tech.

Speeco support has been one of the best around!!!
what few issues with Speeco splitters has been all resolved fairly quick.

I am asking this for my dad. Has anyone ever had a problem with the couplings? Have the ears ever sheared off?
The shaft on the motor was too long for the setup and they cut a hole in the spider in order for the motor to be bolted to the bracket.
Now the only way I can see to correct it is to make a spacer between the motor and the bracket before installing a new coupling.
Has anyone had this problem? Or any suggestions as to why this has happened? Or how to repair it?

Last edited:

I just had this problem and based upon what everyone said here, I called their 800 number. They sent me a new Lovejoy connector within a week or so. No charge even though it was out of warrantee.
BTW, they didn't cut a hole in the spider, this is just a different type of spider put out by Lovejoy.

I'm glad this is not a big problem.This splitter is on my short list.I'm gunna get a splitter just not sure which one

16 ton electric(2 HP) ramsplitter
22 ton TSC (husky)
20 ton NT Powerhorse(2 way)

Still going a little :crazy1: over which one.

DON

Back