Huskee 22 ton 6.5 HP log splitter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A litter short…. Do you mean week…no balls

A little short…. Do you mean week…no balls
I have notice that when I split elm it slows down a lot, but it will split the wood..

I have a mtd 27 ton w honda, was looking into the four way also. some foot notes I saw on northern tool was must be 30 or 32 ton or greater? but found a guy out of n.y. who made them said he hasn't had any problems as of yet w/lower tonage splitters. also mine seems to be a two stage pump, when it slows or stalls 2 sec later it plows thru it like butter!!! are the huskys the same? my wedge is on the ram also.

huskee log splitters

i purchased a huskee 22 ton log splitter from tractor supply i only split about 2 -3 cords a wood a year this machine works just fine.

More horse power. 22 tons is fine. But it is the horse power that is giving you that force. 6.5 hp just isn't enough imo.

Horsepower has not much to do with the force. The force is a factor of max psi that the pump produces and the cylinder volume/size. Obviously you need enough horse power to turn the pump but beyond that you are not adding tonnage by adding horsepower.

Thanks for all of the info. I was at Sears a couple of days ago and was looking at their logsplitter. It was a Craftsman 27 ton with a 6.5 HP Briggs & Stratton for $1300. Same price as the Huskee 27 ton 6.5 HP. Anyone know who makes the Craftsman logsplitters? Though I'll probably go with the Huskee 22 ton, I'm curious who makes the Craftsman splitters.

Pretty sure it is MTD.

Yes they do make good stuff. Some of the lower priced machines out there, but the quality is still good. And Speeco customer service is some of the best around if you have a problem. I've run maybe 10 full cords through mine since last fall, and could not be happier...

Just be sure to double check all your hydraulic fittings right away, and then all of the nuts and bolts after a few hours of running. Remember that it was assembled by a kid at TSC...

Yes they do make good stuff. Some of the lower priced machines out there, but the quality is still good. And Speeco customer service is some of the best around if you have a problem. I've run maybe 10 full cords through mine since last fall, and could not be happier...

Just be sure to double check all your hydraulic fittings right away, and then all of the nuts and bolts after a few hours of running. Remember that it was assembled by a kid at TSC...

Yea nuff said

Back