Husky 2100

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mickeyd

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I'm in a pinch and trying to sell my cd2100 in the trading post section am I asking too much at 400 bucks ? It is well used and shows it but runs excellent . it has always been used for firewood never comercial use . just looking for some advice for a quick sale
Mickey

I'm in a pinch and trying to sell my cd2100 in the trading post section am I asking too much at 400 bucks ? It is well used and shows it but runs excellent . it has always been used for firewood never comercial use . just looking for some advice for a quick sale
Mickey

It's funny watching saw prices on Ebay, etc. A year ago every 2100 was bringing $400-$450, but not lately.

I don't think $400 is out of line for a decent 100cc saw, but if your PM inbox isn't loaded up, then maybe that's more than the market will bear right now.....I think judging be Ebay sales, Closer to $350 is probably where you need to be....Just an opinion though.

Mickey

The asking price may be a little high, like the others have said. But it may be worth $400 to the right buyer. I sold a 285cd, that my grandfather had converted to a 2100, for about that price to a local man who wanted to mill some wood. Right buyer at the right time.....

i've seen your ad on cl right? sorry, just picked one up...free. did you have some older stihls too?

Well crap, I'd probably take it for $300...just as a parts saw. Hard to get more in this economy...especially since OEM parts are very scarce for this model. And the rubber OEM parts are now turning to goo. Lots of these saws still floating around in Canada....in fact, most on ebay are from there.

Actually, I had a guy offer me one for $350 in about the shape yours sounds....and that included shipping. I'm desperate for a source on all the rubber parts; buying another older saw won't solve that problem.

Kevin

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back