Husky 262XP fuel leaking

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a similar problem on my 262 ,the line is saturated with fuel and has become spongy, when I'm in the wood pulling hard, it acts like it is running out of fuel, let off the throttle and it will start pulling again.I've cleaned the carb, checked the tank vent and I think a new line and filter will fix me up.My problem is a replacement line.The parts guy at my local dealer had to order it and it has been two weeks already, I thought surely it would interchange with the 372? and or other saw of this type, best of my memory it is not a "fitted" line but is of a specific diameter. I don't want to use tygon because of leak issues in the past.Any help?
The 372 hose fits,but the length could be different a bit.The hose is not your problem unless she became kinda "soft" at the touch and sticky.Change only the fuel filter and you should be set.Oh first,try opening a bit your H setting first,maybe it could solve your problem right away.

Fuel leak on 262

Yes, sticky and soft, I keep a tuning driver on me at all times, first thing I did was back out the high screw and it did not affect the problem at all, thats when I tore down the carb and found the soft line.

Latest posts

Back