Husky 266XP initial needlevalve settings HELP!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sprig

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
G'day All!

Well, a wee tale of woe regarding old 266xp. Has run well all summer but last week it quit in the middle of a cut, slow death-type quit.
Had gas, but spark was near dead.
Put in a new plug, cleaned up mag (one spot was gooked-up with fine oily sawdust), pulled needles and cleaned everything up.
Now has gas, compression, and excellent spark, but not starting *sadness an' sore arm*.
I'm tired of screwing with the needles H/L, and am worn out, I need to know the initial starting setting for these as I think I am wayyy outta whack on them and its driving me batty. :bang:
It ain't 1 1/4 turn out either btw. DOH!

Cheers ta all me old buds here too!~

Serge

Bumpin' post

Saw is still zorched, arm is falling off.............. :censored:
Begining to think it may be something else going on, funky coil? How to test with meter?:confused:

GAH! :monkey::monkey:

:cry:

Saw is still zorched, arm is falling off.............. :censored:
Begining to think it may be something else going on, funky coil? How to test with meter?:confused:

GAH! :monkey::monkey:

:cry:

Does it have spark? What is the compression? Have you turned it upside down and pulled it over to un-flood it?

If the carb and saw is in proper shape, it will at least run with the screws at 1.25 turns.

Latest posts

Back