• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Trade Husky 288 xp lite

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I met Ed today and he is a good guy and looked over the 288 it is a nice saw the compression checked at 140# cold started great poped on the second pull fired on the second or third pull did have a screw's missing on the bottom of the handle and chain catcher is broke it has a 54mm Mahel cylinder pulled the plug out and looked at the cylinder look's great the is in really nice shape overall I am still not sure it is not a lite version it has the spring av's in the back and rubber in front it dose have the Big Dawgs on it and one screw missing their and I did take some pic's with the hood off it is a 20 year old saw and I would replace the seals if it were me here are the pic's and I hope this help's.

100_0755.JPG 100_0756.JPG 100_0757.JPG 100_0758.JPG 100_0759.JPG 100_0760.JPG 100_0761.JPG

Got a 272 swapped 266 with $100 thrown on top... let me know your address and ill get it your way, power, smaller saw and large bar mount... perfect fit for the OP :)

Glad to hear it!

FWIW (PHO #)
288XP - 16.7#
440- 14.8#

back-still FUBAR (saw wise...)

Hope you enjoy the saw though, cgraham seems to be a straight shooter and knowledgeable guy, just hope you got what you really need.

Glad to hear it!

FWIW (PHO #)
288XP - 16.7#
440- 14.8#

Hope you enjoy the saw though, cgraham seems to be a straight shooter and knowledgeable guy, just hope you got what you really need.

What? Huh?

2 pounds lighter, ported by Randy Evans, capable of running 20-28" bars, more modern, 100% complete, and from a really standup AS member and friend of mine.
Ed got what he wanted, in fact I believe once he runs that ported 440, he'll realize he got way more.

I bet that 266 with the 272 top end is somewhere between 13-13.5 lbs.

Glad to hear it!

FWIW (PHO #)
288XP - 16.7#
440- 14.8#

You need a 288? I have another one, just not as nice as this one. It needs a bit of work, but I'll let you know when I'm getting ready to sell it.

Back