• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Trade Husky 288 xp lite

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You need a 288? I have another one, just not as nice as this one. It needs a bit of work, but I'll let you know when I'm getting ready to sell it.

I am ok on the 288 for now thank you. I ment no disrespect by my post, I am sure the 440 is an amazing saw and hope you are both happy. When I think 440 I think of my buddies which runs a 28" bar and 3/4 wrap so not really down on weight... I would just hate for the OP to have a sweet new beast of a saw but have the same issues as before, you know? Either way I hope you are both pleased with the swap and enjoy your new toys! :drinkingcoffee:

I plan on running a 20" on it for the most part,though I will have a 24 on the side
So,even if I can trim 2 to 2.5 lbs it will help some I'm sure
I really won't know for sure till I try it
Sure I could stand to lose a few lbs around the waist too!!!!
I know my Dr and Wife would agree!

I plan on running a 20" on it for the most part,though I will have a 24 on the side
So,even if I can trim 2 to 2.5 lbs it will help some I'm sure
I really won't know for sure till I try it
Sure I could stand to lose a few lbs around the waist too!!!!
I know my Dr and Wife would agree!

A 28" Stihl ES Light bar will weigh about what a 20" ES bar weighs. You would be really surprised how little they weigh and how much that weight savings matters since the weight is compounded when it's hanging 2-3ft off the end of the saw. Light bars, especially the Stihl "Light" bars are worth every penny- give one a try! BTW, I love my 044 and my MM saws and I can't wait until my 044 eventually visits Cottle Lane. An 044 ported by Randy is the Cat's Meow as far as I'm concerned- you should be very happy with yours.;)

I'm looking forward to it
It's all fresh,new piston,etc
No decomp,I'll be working on my starting techniques. .haha
She should be around a long time
I'll look into the es bars
Pretty sure I'm gonna send my 026 over to Randy for the works also

I'm looking forward to it
It's all fresh,new piston,etc
No decomp,I'll be working on my starting techniques. .haha
She should be around a long time
I'll look into the es bars
Pretty sure I'm gonna send my 026 over to Randy for the works also
This 2188 is ported by Randy and I can drop start it, so I think a non-decomp 440 is a piece of cake.
:D

Yep
I went over to a buddies today and played with his 441
I don't see a problem!
Feel like a kid waiting on a new toy!!!
Where is the best place to get a bar/chain combo?
Also
What type of chain to get for this baby?

As far as cutting goes
Hardwoods larger rounds
Is pretty much all the 440 will see
I really know nothing about the chains
Skip,chisel ,etc
Could definitely use some advice on this!

As far as cutting goes
Hardwoods larger rounds
Is pretty much all the 440 will see
I really know nothing about the chains
Skip,chisel ,etc
Could definitely use some advice on this!

The key to the bars is to get "Light" bar. They are not cheap- I paid about $145 or so for my 28" ES Light (compaired to a regular 28" ES which runs about $73)- but you get what you pay for and less weight costs. Sugi Hara, Total, Sumara, etc. will all generally run in that price range. Chains are like ice cream- everyone has their own personal favorite, but I personally (and a lot of other people) like the Stihl stuff. You can't go wrong with a RSC Full Comp/Chisel. They cut like #ell, hold their edge well and are easy to sharpen. You won't need to run a semi-skip or full skip on that saw (unless you want to). That ported saw should pull a 28" or 32" with a 7 or 8 pin rim without even breaking a sweat.

I guess it I'll start looking for a rsc full comp then
The saw has a 24 on it now
So a 20 will be next
Mabe a bigger one later on

Guys,
I picked this saw up recently for cutting some larger rounds
But....it's just a little more Saw that my back will handle
It's in good shape with a new 24"husky bar
Starts and runs perfect!
I bought it without thinking about the size and weight. ...
I was very impressed by how it cuts and How it Sounds...Wicked!!!View attachment 426688View attachment 426689View attachment 426693View attachment 426694View attachment 426695View attachment 426696

It's Not a show piece...But it's Nice!
Has the heavy av springs,I don't know if they are factory or if this is a 288xp vs a lite for sure

Now....I'm a Noob to the whole hp saw thing
I just enjoy cutting and need something bigger than my 026

I'm looking for a 60 to 70 cc pro grade saw
Husky or still
I'm located in Western NC
I'd love to land a
262xp
272 xp
Or
Stihl View attachment 426688View attachment 426689
Or other 60,70 cc still
I've got lots of pics if needed and can also do a video

Thanks for looking and God Bless
I have a McCulloch 81 super pro, Husqvarna 460 rancher, McCulloch 650, and or a stihl 461. I’d flat trade you the 81 or the 461 (82cc on the SP and the stihl is in the 70s somewhere cc wise.) the 650 and 460 are both 60cc and could give you either of those plus cash or both together as a flat trade. They are all in mint condition. Another option is providing you a bundle of saws as a trade, I have many 30- 40 cc, a few 40-50 beyond the ones listed above all treated very cell and in mint running condition, stihl , husqvarna, and echo-

I have a McCulloch 81 super pro, Husqvarna 460 rancher, McCulloch 650, and or a stihl 461. I’d flat trade you the 81 or the 461 (82cc on the SP and the stihl is in the 70s somewhere cc wise.) the 650 and 460 are both 60cc and could give you either of those plus cash or both together as a flat trade. They are all in mint condition. Another option is providing you a bundle of saws as a trade, I have many 30- 40 cc, a few 40-50 beyond the ones listed above all treated very cell and in mint running condition, stihl , husqvarna, and echo-
This ad was created 5 yrs ago.

Back