husky 346 differences

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes. Why do you care what the port durations are?

I was curious if they are more "work saw" oriented, or no torque/no power ms660 oriented. Follow me?? I basically want to know what they are and if they meet my personal preference of what I feel are good specs.......that's all. Do you know the specs Brad and if so, care to share?

You've gone and done it now. The 5100 posse will be saddling up and tearing this thread apart shortly:blob2::blob2::hmm3grin2orange:

We gave up! We will just run and love what we got:rock:

Thanks for the responses guys!! Ok, good to know they are all xp models. So does the 346xp labeledr saw have the plastic clamp for intake boot or metal? Also, is there a noticeable power difference between the 46cc and 50cc model?

The 50cc ones has notisably more power and a broader power band than the original 45cc ones, most notisable in larger wood. It is more of an "all round" saw.
The 45cc ones has higher max rpm though, and some prefere that one for limbing etc. It doesn't hurt that it is a little lighter either.

I would definately go with the 50cc (NE) version, all things considered (and did back in 2007).

I bought my 346XP NE two years and a lot of cords (firewood) ago. I liked it when I first saw it. Liked the weight, and the feel. Came home and liked what I read about it on this forum, and so , although it cost much more than I thought I would pay for a new saw, I bought it. I wanted a top notch saw. I have not regretted it for a minute. One thing, you can't go by how it cuts when you first use it. After about three tanks of fuel it get stronger and stronger. Don't ask me why, because I don't know.

I'm curious as to what the port durations are. Its getting real tempting to pull the trigger on the 346. I wish i could try one locally first, cause even tho the majority of others might like it, i may not. Everyone else seems to like the 026/260 saws alot and i think they suck and are over rated. Hopefully i dont have that same opinion if i get this 346.

You won't. Trust US!! :msp_smile:

Ne

I have both saws and a mm ms260 ,that is my most reliable saw. That being said a346xp ne with a 16 in narrow kerf b&c is about as bullet proof and fun a saw as I have ever run. Even noodling a 30" red oak it spanked a ms 250 mm,the 260,346 oe and a mm025. Buy it and don't try to do too much(long bar) and you will :clap::msp_biggrin::msp_wink:

Ok, now I think I'm gonna have to buy a 346, but now I don't know if I should get the OE or the NE?? I'm still leaning towards the OE cause of the higher rpm and I wanna limb with it and cut smaller wood with it. I really don't need to have the NE one with more torque, but lower rpm, cause I have bigger saws for bigger wood.

I'm going to wait patiently for my warranty to go, then I'll get an unlimited coil and mod the muffler on my 346XP NE. I'm just playing it safe. If you get a used saw that's already been worked over, you'll really be getting a much better saw than a brand new 346XP NE, and for less money. I think nmurph has a good one like that for sale.

Ok, now I think I'm gonna have to buy a 346, but now I don't know if I should get the OE or the NE?? I'm still leaning towards the OE cause of the higher rpm and I wanna limb with it and cut smaller wood with it. I really don't need to have the NE one with more torque, but lower rpm, cause I have bigger saws for bigger wood.

OE, NE, it doesn't matter. I have one of each and just grab one when I go to the woods. I love my OE, but the NE is just as good, maybe better. I'll not get rid of either, never! Both have explosive throttle response, both cut limbs, both cut small wood, both cut big wood.

Just get one from nmurph, while he still has them! :cheers:

Back