Husky 350 - fiddle or leave alone?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A 396 big block wouldnt fit the saw so i fitted a Hyway kit which was very reasonably priced. The seller gave me a partial refund without complaint which funded the kit. I thought what the heck and i ported it at the transfers and on the lower cast spacer piece. I took a reasonable amount off. I opened a new exit on the muffler also and put it all back together. Ran half a tank super rich at 10500rpm flat out. Just took it out to 13k and it absolutely rips. Night and day compared to its performance with the top end as purchased. With a new 16” husky bar and chain it hangs with my ms362 on a 20” bar. Ive used a 346xp and it’s obviously not as robust with the plastic case, but for a 350 its as easy to use and definitely has the same cutting style. Ill take it out a bit more as its 4 stroking away at 13k and could go a bit higher I suspect.
Metal boot clamp been fitted and 346 muffler clamp also.
Its a little ripper. Im tempted to do it again on a 351 with that hyway kit, just for a bit of fun.

Back