Husky 350 - fiddle or leave alone?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sure, today. Poke around a little and you'll see plenty of pics of crappy ports on Chylinders. Plus they pretty much never run at the same power level as stock. He probably bought a 340 in 350 clothing. Something like that should absolutely be disclosed. If you haven't ran the good stuff you might not know any better but that's no excuse.

Those that do such things usually add go faster much lager bucking spikes as well so they are more easily spotted. :crazy:

Mine cuts fine with the 20...stock was 16.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

It seems there was an honest mistake and the saw was not a 1 owner. Without going in to details, the seller has been fair about it.
Im gutted its not the untouched example i was led to believe it was, but moving on; i am going to junk that unknown top end and fit something of a better quality. I could leave it and many would, but you want to reduce the chances of failures as the law of sod says it will happen when you most need it.

It seems there was an honest mistake and the saw was not a 1 owner. Without going in to details, the seller has been fair about it.
Im gutted its not the untouched example i was led to believe it was, but moving on; i am going to junk that unknown top end and fit something of a better quality. I could leave it and many would, but you want to reduce the chances of failures as the law of sod says it will happen when you most need it.

Luckily you bought one of the saws that easily takes a 346xp top end, AND, those kits are so darned cheap it makes little sense to do anything else. Read up on the swap while you wait for your parts. You will love that saw with the 346 setup.

Luckily you bought one of the saws that easily takes a 346xp top end, AND, those kits are so darned cheap it makes little sense to do anything else. Read up on the swap while you wait for your parts. You will love that saw with the 346 setup.

Is that called the Stratovarius Fiddle?

I have never asked this question to the forum before, so I thought perhaps now is the time. I have both a Husqvarna 353 and a 350 that run flawlessly and I use them to cut most of my firewood. Should I replace the top ends of these two saws by upgrading them both wth a 346XP top end? What would that accomplish? WDYT?

I have never asked this question to the forum before, so I thought perhaps now is the time. I have both a Husqvarna 353 and a 350 that run flawlessly and I use them to cut most of my firewood. Should I replace the top ends of these two saws by upgrading them both wth a 346XP top end? What would that accomplish? WDYT?

Eh, if they run great and make you happy, why bother. But, if I was you, I'd buy a 346 top end and leave it on the shelf. If you ever need it, or you get the hankering to try something different, it'll be there.

No- not unless they are toasted.
Even then, if the 350 you have is the newer bigger model- I would simply replace the dished detuned piston with the 353 version.
If the cylinders are fubar- then you may have a reason to follow the fashion...... but if the OEM cylinders are fine.......

No- not unless they are toasted. Even then, if the 350 you have is the newer bigger model- I would simply replace the dished detuned piston with the 353 version. If the cylinders are fubar- then you may have a reason to follow the fashion...... but if the OEM cylinders are fine.......
I believe the 350 is the newer and bigger model. Both are OEM top ends. Like they say in the movies, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." Thanks guys!

As long as the intake clamps are metal and you're good with muffler bolts I'd run them. Knowing how to tune and what a lean out sounds like is key too. I have just about every top end for that chassis on the shelf so sometimes I like to experiment. If it's solid and all OEM just keep cutting!

Yikes, a new oem piston and cylinder costs more than the saw did. Having watched some videos by the dentist chap on youtube, it seems that Hyway kit is decent quality and would be a step in the right direction. I just want a bolt on and am not about to mess about porting things as i know nothing of such things on a 2 stroke. Shame i cant have the oem cylinder and piston, but this Hyway kit would seem to get back some power and quality from the unit currently fitted (it seems poorly cast to me).

Yikes, a new oem piston and cylinder costs more than the saw did. Having watched some videos by the dentist chap on youtube, it seems that Hyway kit is decent quality and would be a step in the right direction. I just want a bolt on and am not about to mess about porting things as i know nothing of such things on a 2 stroke. Shame i cant have the oem cylinder and piston, but this Hyway kit would seem to get back some power and quality from the unit currently fitted (it seems poorly cast to me).

What did you see for a price? The OEM 346 top end should be about $100. I paid $80 shipped for one on eBay last winter. I don't know what hyway gets for one, but there is no telling if it'll be any better than what you have now. If you want to replace your crappy aftermarket kit, buying a hyway kit isn't the way to go, in my opinion.

You see why we build them with cheap kits now? Lol.

Why not run it on the kit that's in it? It obviously runs fine per your earlier description...going from one chinese kit to another simply because its sold by a different company is more of a sideways move.

You see why we build them with cheap kits now? Lol.

Why not run it on the kit that's in it? It obviously runs fine per your earlier description...going from one chinese kit to another simply because its sold by a different company is more of a sideways move.

Who is this "we" you speak of?...

Ill take the extra ~7cc's of displacement for half the price.

Back