• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Husky 357/9 intake track

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ketchup

Urban Forestry Slogger
Reaction score
Hi all!

I’m looking for an hda 199, 198, 191 or El 42 carb and intake parts (switch assembly, air filter, flange support ring, boot and clamp) for a husky 359 or 357. I would also be interested in a complete dead saw for a reasonable price.

I can source the entire carb track new for $136, so hoping to pay a good bit less for used.

Thanks to all the great folks on this forum! Trades possible if I have parts you need (lots of random husky and stihl laying around, whole saws too.)

Happy building.

If you watch the complete elbows show up on ebay for ~$15. IMO if you're using it on a 346 the 346 intake tube is a better fit. @huskihl told me he stuffs the 357 ring in the 346 intake.

Do you mean the elbow with kill switch or the intake boot fits better?

Modding the stock boot is something I was considering. The boots are close in bore size and the flange and partition seem identical. (Please correct me if I’m wrong.)

Several people responded with the entire intake track, so I’ll probably do that out of convenience. Open to input if I’m headed down a bad road.

Thanks to all who replied! Hopefully I can help some folks out in the future.

Do you mean the elbow with kill switch or the intake boot fits better?

Modding the stock boot is something I was considering. The boots are close in bore size and the flange and partition seem identical. (Please correct me if I’m wrong.)

Several people responded with the entire intake track, so I’ll probably do that out of convenience. Open to input if I’m headed down a bad road.

Thanks to all who replied! Hopefully I can help some folks out in the future.
The 346s I've ground on were for me, and this is what I use: 357/9 air filter and elbow, 199, 346 intake boot un-modified with no ring.

I've put 199s on stock or near stock saws, mainly out of necessity if I was wating for a kit for a 159 or el-18. In near stock saws I noticed no difference in the cut, and in all of them MY perception was a little loss of snappiness. YMMV.

Back