Husky 359 in need of rebuild

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I explained that I'm a lurker, and seldom make posts. I usually don't have time.
However the 359 series saw is very intriguing, and this thread seemed a good place to make a post.
It seems to me that many folks pass up a very good saw, with good modification capabilities, so I decided to share some of my experiences with this model saw.
Also, because Husky produced a fair number of these saws well into this millennium, there are many saws available of this vintage in very good condition.
I am a bit surprised at the power this combination creates, with very good AV. My 562 is little, if any smoother. Like I mentioned above, the AF is quite good also as is the case with most all Husky XP series saws.
One last thing. I have no desire to turn this into an oil mix thread. Having said that, I highly recommend a top quality synthetic oil ( I use Motul 800 2T off road ) at a ratio of 40:1.
My posts express many opinions, and if others disagree with those opinions, that is certainly their right.
Good luck arborists and hobbyists with your builds, modifications and saw time. It's truly a great hobby. Be safe.

I explained that I'm a lurker, and seldom make posts. I usually don't have time.
However the 359 series saw is very intriguing, and this thread seemed a good place to make a post.
It seems to me that many folks pass up a very good saw, with good modification capabilities, so I decided to share some of my experiences with this model saw.
Also, because Husky produced a fair number of these saws well into this millennium, there are many saws available of this vintage in very good condition.
I am a bit surprised at the power this combination creates, with very good AV. My 562 is little, if any smoother. Like I mentioned above, the AF is quite good also as is the case with most all Husky XP series saws.
One last thing. I have no desire to turn this into an oil mix thread. Having said that, I highly recommend a top quality synthetic oil ( I use Motul 800 2T off road ) at a ratio of 40:1.
My posts express many opinions, and if others disagree with those opinions, that is certainly their right.
Good luck arborists and hobbyists with your builds, modifications and saw time. It's truly a great hobby. Be safe.
I have both a ported 359 with the hybrid 357/359 top and, a 562 xp I can say at least for me the 562 gets picked up first every time. The 359 was my go to saw, and I still run it just to keep it running. Very good saws with a bit of love.

Back