• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Husky 359

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doesn't the green gas cap mean it a epa saw and also equipped with a cat muffler?
Yes.
I bet getting rid of a cat muffler helps them out alot
It does. As does a base gasket delete or taking a bit off the base off the cylinder, then you might as well cut the squish band, open the intake, exhaust, transfers:chainsaw:. That being said I've done a lot of cutting with the cat mufflers as well as the small huskys that have a plastic intake clamp and never had a problem with either. This one has the metal clamp, I just find it funny that so many people get so concerned with that or the cat muffler, if the intake clamp is tight then the boot should be sealed, I check them when I clean my air filter and keep running them. That being said if I was going to do a base gasket delete and the muffler I would change out the partition and put a metal clamp on while I had the cylinder out.
The 359 in my opinion is one of the best all around firewood saws for the price in stock form. The video I posted is very hard previously dead standing ash, a 20" bar and a vanguard chain that has a little to much hook on it(it's slowing this saw down in this wood type). So I'm cutting with a cat muffler and what most consider one of the worst full chisel chains on the market, point being both will get the job done just fine, even though many would say they won't lol.

If I had the extra cash the saw would be at my house now. Nice looking saw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They're custom :surprised3::lol:. Thanks.

Your funny man, of corse it has one, just above the gas cap. If you look close you may be able to see it, I couldn't get it to show up.
I guess it was caused by a scrench from the previous owner, probably when removing the gas cap.

It's cut a few times Rod:buttkick:.

Man, that balsa wood is hard!:p

Put some oil and wood chips on it, they sell better! :yes:
That's funny.
Some guys just want cheap, I'd rather pay a little more and get something nicer that also has less wear personally.
Maybe I'll list my 562 or the ported 361, the stihl would probably sell quick, they've sone all the advertising for me lol.

You looking to buy something new or just thinning the heard?
Sort of, rotating inventory, moving the ones in the back to the front don't want anything to go stale lol. I've got a few on the way, and a few more to list yet, its a constant ebb and flow here :yes:.

Latest posts

Back