• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Husky 372(sold) and 372 xpw(sold)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm just wondering why people come on sell threads to bash the seller? I would like to know how this saw isn't worth what he's asking for it? Try to find one in this condition for less.
It doesn't bother me at all buddy. I'm not sure what saws he's running, but I know there's many good ones out there, and lots of guys expect everyone to do things how they do them or they feel their doing it wrong. Whatever, their way works for them and that's great, but it's good to recognize that their way is not the only way and that's where the problem lies.
You can find them in great condition for less, but you better be on it, then you have to be available to go get it and you have to lay out the cash for it. Someone just showed me a picture of one that sold brand new for 780 with a 20" bar and chain, and free shipping on eBay(I'm not sure how long ago it sold for that, but I'm sure someone could look it up) then they offered me 550 :). To me it showed my price was in the zone, and regardless of if it is or isn't it's my price :yes:.

:hi:Hello guy who offered $550 here. Why is $550 or roughly 25% less than one actually new a low offer? I guarantee you did not pay $700 my friend. Yes, I haven’t been on here for years and don’t have more saws (10 to be exact) than pairs of socks but I feel new members on here are quickly turned off by a few of the super users. As you stated $550 was what I was prepared to pay at that moment. Perhaps you should list it on eBay for premium price. That’s what the guys on here told me to do for my listed saws and I got asking price! With all that being said I still respect you standing by your asking price. If I break down :happy:in the next couple days perhaps I’ll meet you at $700. If there’s one thing you’ve accomplished is pushing this thread to the top all day long :clap:

:hi:Hello guy who offered $550 here. Why is $550 or roughly 25% less than one actually new a low offer? I guarantee you did not pay $700 my friend. Yes, I haven’t been on here for years and don’t have more saws (10 to be exact) than pairs of socks but I feel new members on here are quickly turned off by a few of the super users. As you stated $550 was what I was prepared to pay at that moment. Perhaps you should list it on eBay for premium price. That’s what the guys on here told me to do for my listed saws and I got asking price! With all that being said I still respect you standing by your asking price. If I break down :happy:in the next couple days perhaps I’ll meet you at $700. If there’s one thing you’ve accomplished is pushing this thread to the top all day long :clap:
I also respect your man enough to say that's what you offered, not many are:numberone:. I can also say I didn't feel disrespected in our conversation, not how many operate these days.
I didn't say it was a low offer, just not what I want to sell the saw for.
Your right, I didn't pay anything for this saw, that's right, nothing. But it did cost me a lot of time locating the saw I traded for it as well as a lot of miles on my car to get that saw, and a good amount of money for that saw, and then there was plenty of risk involved since that saw was paid for without ever hearing it run and not even knowing if I'd ever see it(I paid for two saws this year I never received well over a grand). So if I do the math on this one I'm not seeing where I'm coming out ahead, but I'm still smiling and having fun because life ain't about coming out ahead :D.
Not sure how my saws stack up to my socks, but I know that none of my saws have holes in the bottom ends :laugh:.
I hope I'm not one of the super users who puts off new members, I try hard to be respectful towards everyone, if I'm not or haven't been feel free to direct me to the post or offended person as I don't want that to be me and work hard not to be that guy. Besides I haven't been around very long myself :oops:.
I'd rather not sell a saw or anything else on eBay, glad it worked out well for you though :).
If you want to meet me at 700, that would be great, let me know.
Funny how even negative comments bring an ad back to the top :happy:.
BTTT lol.

The super thing about Brett is Super friendly. He uses no one and is usually one of the first guys to welcome new members and give advice that's going to be helpful for the persons needs and situations.
I also respect your man enough to say that's what you offered, not many are:numberone:. I can also say I didn't feel disrespected in our conversation, not how many operate these days.
I didn't say it was a low offer, just not what I want to sell the saw for.
Your right, I didn't pay anything for this saw, that's right, nothing. But it did cost me a lot of time locating the saw I traded for it as well as a lot of miles on my car to get that saw, and a good amount of money for that saw, and then there was plenty of risk involved since that saw was paid for without ever hearing it run and not even knowing if I'd ever see it(I paid for two saws this year I never received well over a grand). So if I do the math on this one I'm not seeing where I'm coming out ahead, but I'm still smiling and having fun because life ain't about coming out ahead :D.
Not sure how my saws stack up to my socks, but I know that none of my saws have holes in the bottom ends :laugh:.
I hope I'm not one of the super users who puts off new members, I try hard to be respectful towards everyone, if I'm not or haven't been feel free to direct me to the post or offended person as I don't want that to be me and work hard not to be that guy. Besides I haven't been around very long myself :oops:.
I'd rather not sell a saw or anything else on eBay, glad it worked out well for you though :).
If you want to meet me at 700, that would be great, let me know.
Funny how even negative comments bring an ad back to the top :happy:.
BTTT lol.[/QUOTE

Times have changed i bought my 372 in 2003 off the internet from southwest fastner , come with 24 inch bar and 2 chains for 520 dollars free shipping

Times have changed i bought my 372 in 2003 off the internet from southwest fastner , come with 24 inch bar and 2 chains for 520 dollars free shipping
That was a great price. I paid more for my 262. Never bought a new 371 or 372 for that price. :surprised3:

same year i bought my first new 372xpg except i'm from Canada so got took hard. spent all my savings on it lol i believe i got mine for just over $900 back then and that was with a really good discount. these days some guys pay upwards of $1800 canadian for an XT with XPW top end. it's silly cause a good XT will take them in big wood. pilon build the XPW conversions here and guys like them but run a C&L supplies XT next to it and tell me what you think lol none of the 372 designs earned their legendary name in stock form.

You tellin me you got $350 for that non-running mac 10-10 on ebay? Lol. Not tryin to be a ****, but offering $550 for a near mint oe 372, shortly after posting said non-running mac 10-10 for $350 is just crazy to me. Offering 25% less than an already fair price onna super clean NLA saw that is very desirable would put me off for sure. If i offered you 25% off the asking price for that mac, id still be paying more than double what its worth. Gimme a break man.
Edit: i see now it was the 056 that sold on ebay. My rant still stands tho.

You tellin me you got $350 for that non-running mac 10-10 on ebay? Lol. Not tryin to be a ****, but offering $550 for a near mint oe 372, shortly after posting said non-running mac 10-10 for $350 is just crazy to me. Offering 25% less than an already fair price onna super clean NLA saw that is very desirable would put me off for sure. If i offered you 25% off the asking price for that mac, id still be paying more than double what its worth. Gimme a break man.
You tell em Custer I'm too mad

This site is a riot. Mac doesn’t say sold does it? Just the 056 sold. Going to work on Mac to get it running. I said price was high for it in my posting since you did your research. Updated it too say I’d take a $100 off. I’ve seen them on eBay going for that but more recently have gone down in price. Thanks for pointing it out. Have to adjust my price or just keep it. I quickly have learned the members on here are even cheaper than me :yes:

You tell em Custer I'm too mad
I hope you’re joking. People get too worked up on this site. Now I see why there is a sticky for ads getting “choked up”. Just to be clear chipper1 seems like a good guy and I’m sure I’ll be buying a saw from him in the future. Who knows perhaps this one soon ;)

I hope you’re joking. People get too worked up on this site. Now I see why there is a sticky for ads getting “choked up”. Just to be clear chipper1 seems like a good guy and I’m sure I’ll be buying a saw from him in the future. Who knows perhaps this one soon ;)
Yes it was a joke. People say it alot

This site is a riot. Mac doesn’t say sold does it? Just the 056 sold. Going to work on Mac to get it running. I said price was high for it in my posting since you did your research. Updated it too say I’d take a $100 off. I’ve seen them on eBay going for that but more recently have gone down in price. Thanks for pointing it out. Have to adjust my price or just keep it. I quickly have learned the members on here are even cheaper than me :yes:
Not cheap, just know what the stuffs worth dude. And yes, i know its “worth what someone will pay for it” so if you can get $250 for a 10-10 then power to ya haha. And i edited my post, i guess you got told to go to ebay in multiple threads lol.

Back