Husky 372xp or Stihl ms441

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scootermsp

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Looking for a 70cc saw to cut firewood for OWB and right now I'm on the fence between the two. Anyone have the plusses and minuses of one over the other? Thank you

Weight and handling points in the direction of the Husky - and it is a legend that is about to be discontinued because of EPA.....

I am sure either will serve you well though!

What's wrong with using the search function ?

372 is lighter, power is equal stock (372 can be easily and heavily modded), both are smooth to run, both have good air filtration (the 372 probably a bit better), dealer support is usually better at Stihl.

I recommend the 372. It's a legend. Let the strato saws develop a bit first, they need a diet.

Weight and handling points in the direction of the Husky - and it is a legend that is about to be discontinued because of EPA.....

the way things are going in europe, I see a future where a non EPA saw will be no longer allowed in the woods. I hope I am wrong though.

I am sure either will serve you well though!

+1 !

What's wrong with using the search function ?

372 is lighter, power is equal stock (372 can be easily and heavily modded), both are smooth to run, both have good air filtration (the 372 probably a bit better), dealer support is usually better at Stihl.

I recommend the 372. It's a legend. Let the strato saws develop a bit first, they need a diet.

372-5.3hp or 5.4? for the 75cc model

441-5.5hp

How is it that the filtration is better on the 372?

Max hp and max torque are just two snapshots of the power curve(s), the numbers doesn't tell the whole story on the capability of a saw.

That makes the 372 look worse then. It doesn't have enough area under the curve. It's the 70cc 361.

Looking for a 70cc saw to cut firewood for OWB and right now I'm on the fence between the two. Anyone have the plusses and minuses of one over the other? Thank you

I had this exact predicament a while ago.

I went with the 441. Decent local dealer support (and I like how it looks!).

I would encourage you to give them both a run. Then... eeny, meeny, miny, moe......

Last edited:
So you just posted a link that doesnt even have a 441...........Try again you drinkalotapis.....

do you really think that a 441 would have different results versus air injection? be honest now.... and dont give me this "an air filter works better when its blocked" BS

Last edited:
do you really think that a 441 would have different results versus air injection? be honest now....

LOL........Step away from the bottle my friend.......Ever see the filter from a dirt injester Husky.........Oh ya try running your saw with the winter flap open once........

Last edited:
attachment.php

But you never have to clean the airfilter on a Husky.............................I love it.....Puts money in my pocket........hehe

Last edited:
LOL........Step away from the bottle my friend.......Ever see the filter from a dirt injester Husky.........Oh ya try running your saw with the winter flap open once........

winter??? whats that???

have you seen my profile......................

winter is for suckers!

regardless, do you think that the 372 with winter flap gone would suck more than the stihl in that vid... i think not. damn your dirty husky filter pics!!! they still look better than 1 min of that stihl youtube vid. dont know about you but i cut for more than a minute

lol STK

Last edited:
do you really think that a 441 would have different results versus air injection? be honest now.... and dont give me this "an air filter works better when its blocked" BS

The 441 HAS pre-filtration that works pretty much the same as the Husky setup.

Back