Husky 372XP X-torq using a 268xp piston?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

revyfaller

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hey there, seem to find myself having some different numbers here that don't make a ton of sense to me.. Feel like I may be missing something.

Just picked up a fresh 372xp and a 268xp piston to drop in it, when I measure my squish from with the stock piston i get .038 (which seems pretty good for a stock 372). 372 piston height from top of pin @ 0.9540 and the 268 from top of pin is 0.7235. The difference between the two being 0.22 , so when i toss my cylinder back on I'd have a massive amount of squish

I will be machining the base down to make a squish of 0.20 but seems like a fairly heft amount to remove and also adjust my ports for? Or maybe its totally fine.. Figured it is worth an ask. Will be keeping by base gasket.IMG_1707.jpgIMG_1708.jpgIMG_1710.jpgIMG_1711.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1709.jpg
    IMG_1709.jpg
    399.2 KB · Views: 5
It's common to convert x-torque 372 s back to the original addition (oe )

You would need an OE cylinder carb and manifold.
You can only use a 2 series 50mm with the OE cylinder with machine work.
I believe they have superseded up to only one part number
for all the 50mm Jonny & husky pistons.
It's the one I like anyway.
It's a single ring Looper. (Open skirt.)

Look it up. Tons and tons of info on this piston swap.

I have looked it up, hence me saying my numbers aren't making sense to me given some of the other threads I've read. And that is why this thread exists. If you dont have any information or suggestions why bother commenting.

I’m by far no expert but why not buy a Meteor piston and ring combo for around $40 and put it in your saw? That 268 piston looks like it for the strato type cylinder, .22” is a lot of material!

Our local saw shop is struggling so trying to support local! But yeah for sure 0.22 sounds a bit large haha.

If you tying to use that piston to do away with the xtorq feature it would be easier to just remove the divider in the boot and elbow and then the top ports would carry a fuel and air mix instead of just air. They run pretty good when you do that but drink the fuel. I tried it on this one plus tightened the squish and opened up the exhaust.

Latest posts

Back