Husky 385

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Rich, almost missed your post at the bottom of the page, wondering why nobody else jumped on it. I just started using a new 385 that I got from Dennis, only have about three hours on it, but I`ll tell you what I think so far. The saw is nicely balanced for a big saw and is only moderately heavy for continuous use bucking. It also runs very smooth with minimal vibration. It is a good experience overall to use, but not exactly a limbing saw. When I first received the 385, I took it out in the woods and tried it out on some 2' dbh birch, and although it cut well, I wasn`t all that impressed. Not disappointed by any measure, just didn`t blow my away. So now I got hooked up with a local city trimming crew blocking up some of their larger takedowns and this saw has found it`s element. I`m running a 24" bar with 73LG chain and I`ve tackled a few stems that I couldn`t quite reach through, over 4' diameter, and found out that MY GOD MAN, THIS SAW IS POWERFUL! This is all nice maple that I have been cutting, and the saw just blasts it`s way through. Use the dogs and reef it all you want, it won`t complain, it just stands and delivers! I don`t know how it would compare to a stock 385, but for the small sum that Dennis gets, there is no reason to even think about it. This saw also runs for a nice long time on a tankful. If you read through some of the prior posts you will see that the 385 is a new saw from the ground up, and it was done right. It also has alot of hot rod built in, right off the shelf. One thing is sure though, you want to wear your earmuffs with this saw. First thing Monday I`m getting a 32" bar from my favorite local dealer and then I`m going after some of the bigger stuff out there. If it`s not raining I`ll get my camera out and get some pics:D Russ

I'm glad somebody asked this question.

Are there anymore problems with the intake boots?

I think I'll have a DG or KD version in a few months.:blob2:

Harley..I think we may have nipped that problem..first of all..from the info I have gathered it was a cold weather problem...ie: the material didnt handle the pushing/pulling in the cold....material problem....they are currently building new boots with the same material thats in the 372 boots from what they told me...(they wouldnt lie..would they?) anyway...in the last couple weeks it has warmed up here...(-5 today :)) and I havent seen the problem surfacing near the amount..I still have a few guys working up at the high altitudes, with the cold weather...they are still running into it....

All in all...that 385 is a beautiful saw...it runs incredibly strong after being "built" I dont think a person could go wrong with buying one....

Thanks Dennis.

Why would they use a different material to begin with?
That seems alittle fishy to me.

Back