Husky 395 break in, how does everyone do it?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Socalmisfit

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
What’s up guys, got my 395 in the mail today. Was wondering how everyone breaks these things in. First time with a new saw, especially something like this. From running a 455 to this just firing it up is WOW. Thanks guys

Attachments

• 6E33C66A-7521-4456-B03F-AB04F7E2612E.jpeg
    6E33C66A-7521-4456-B03F-AB04F7E2612E.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 33
I let them warm about 20 seconds at idle, engage the brake and give it a couple pulls. Then brake off and give it a few light revs, i like to get a load on a saw pretty quickly...

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

40:1 start and warm up cool down and next day drive it like you stole it ........... :yes:
So is 40:1 a little bottle to a gallon or are u mixing it with an actual ratio rite? If so I’m gonna have to get a quart of 2 stroke, usually just mix a little bottle to a gallon. Oh and start, warm, & cool through a whole tank or just once lol.

So is 40:1 a little bottle to a gallon or are u mixing it with an actual ratio rite? If so I’m gonna have to get a quart of 2 stroke, usually just mix a little bottle to a gallon. Oh and start, warm, & cool through a whole tank or just once lol.
yep i use a ratio rite and your favorite 2 stroke @ 40:1 using BLUE pump handle fuel .............the 395xp is a mean saw.....have fun ..... and just for break in ...

I personal think just a good 1-2 min want up and the get it into wood are cut with it as you normally will. Put a good load on it real soon should help seat the rings.

32:1 for me

@huskihI

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

Personally I like to run any new or newly rebuilt saw just a little on the rich side for about the first 5 hours.
I do not have any kind of times warm up cool down routine, I start it- warm it up, then use it at full throttle for around 5 hours and then tune it to the sweetspot and continue to use it for the rest of its life or until something bigger, better or more interesting comes along.

I appreciate it guys, I’ll put it through a couple heat cycles and rip it through some wood. Just wasn’t sure if there was a specific cycle you should run. Just like a dirt bike if it’s gonna break it’s gonna break. Thank u all

yep i use a ratio rite and your favorite 2 stroke @ 40:1 using BLUE pump handle fuel .............the 395xp is a mean saw.....have fun ..... and just for break in ...

"blue pump handle fuel"?

Colors of fuel nozzle handles aren't a standardized thing.

Googling comes up with blue handles being E15 gasahol. I'd not run that in a small engine unless had no other choice. E10 gasahol is bad enough.

....................zip....................Was wondering how everyone breaks these things in............................zip...........................

I know it's brought up frequently how "setting the piston rings" is supposedly done best by running a new engine flat out right from the beginning....
I remain skeptical about that advice and have discarded it long time ago as hearsay, but it sounds cool indeed!

I have seen videos how some guys who build/assemble chainsaws for living are letting a bunch of saws just run at reasonable idle speed for 2 - 3 tankfuls at 25:1 - 32:1 gas/oil mix.
After that it's ready to use.

That's what I have done with my Diesel generator and two of my most recent new saws.
Just saying...

Idling for a whole tank seems ridiculous to me, much less 2-3, but that's just my take and I'm not expert. I am looking forward to breaking in a new 562xpg in the next few days. I'll start it, let it idle for a few minutes, shut it off for a few minutes, then put it in some wood and run it hard. I'll idle before shutting down.

"blue pump handle fuel"?

Colors of fuel nozzle handles aren't a standardized thing.

Googling comes up with blue handles being E15 gasahol. I'd not run that in a small engine unless had no other choice. E10 gasahol is bad enough.
Here In Utah the blue gas pump handle denotes ..... ( E-FREE -89 octane )... fuel cost is around $2.20 per gallon ....

Well I stayed at a holiday inn last night.

giphy.gif

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

Latest posts

Back