Husky 445 Bogs down

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firecatf7333

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
445 x torx

Saw is a probably 5 years old. I cut a few cord last week with a crappy chain and saw seemed to run fine. Bought a new chain today and now the saw doesn't have the power and bogs down bc the chain is actually cutting good now. If I only use the tip of the bar it will rev good but as soon as I grab some wood it can only run about half throttle. It starts fine. I blew out air filter. I installed new generic fuel filter similar size from Napa before the new chain when it was running fine. May try a new one and also get a compression check.

Just throwing this out as a possibility. Did you happen to buy txl chain? It's more aggressive than vp or vpx and comes with the rakers set low. It will be a bigger load on the engine until you sharpen it a couple times.

I bought the chain from a dealer who put it on. He said it could be a cracked fuel line or the jet needs to be opened up not getting enough fuel or the carb needs work.

Back