• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LittleTree

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm New on the forum, I'm an italian boy who's beginning to appreciate the world of arborists. Here I am with a little big issue: some months ago I was gifted a Husky 550xp MY '13 (one of the first ones, know they had some carb issues and other stuff) that wouldn't start. The old owner guessed she had some serious problems, so i tore her down and I found out that the piston was quite damaged, and the cylinder too. Now, i'll try to make her run again, maybe the cylinder is not so bad after removing the melted aluminum released by the seized piston. In that case I will only buy a New Meteor piston and go that way.
BUT, if the cylinder'll turn out being not good enough , I'll have to buy the whole Cylinder kit. So I started to make several researches on the internet and basically came to 3 solutions:
1) The whole OEM kit costs about 270€ here in Italy, far too much for my budget
2) Some People suggested to buy a chinese AM kit from aliexpress/alibaba, which costs about 80 bucks but May not be such a good product
3) I am tryin to find a used-in-good-condition cylinder, but it is quite impossibile to find one.
So, what do u think guys of the AM parts from China? Has anyone ever repaired a 550xp engine and would give me some advice? I also found that There in the US some WARHAWK parts are sold, does anyone know something about this brand? Do they make good stuff? The price is quite low, i mean

China is relatively new to the 550 game. I'd stay far away anyway, but in this case I'd stay extra far away. Be patient and a used OEM jug will turn up.

Back