Husky 562XP - Nothing But Problems!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tlowc34

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hey guys, I thought I would share my story on this particular model and maybe get some help.
I did a ton of research including asking the opinion of those on this forum and I finally settled on the 562xp as a nice mid-range saw to complement a ms201t and an ms460. When I first got it, the saw seemed to over rev and be increasingly more difficult to start as the day went on. It did have its good points though: low fuel consumption, super low vibration, the air filter stayed cleaner longer, and it has nice balance in the cut - even though I couldn't lean into it as much as the Stihls seem to let you. So I kept it thinking it would get better. Then as I put more hours on it when it was hot from running the RPMs would start to surge in the middle of a cut. This could only be stopped by backing it out of the cut and letting the autotune settle down. Keeping the blade super sharp and running the oil at the max seemed to keep the temps down and that problem calmed down. Finally the last straw came this weekend. When dropping a 70' maple tree it started smoking like a SOB. I finished the cut and dropped the tree before I looked at the saw. When I pour chain oil into the reservoir it seems to come out some seam or hole under the muffler very rapidly. The construction of the crankcase appears to put a seam right in the middle of that reservoir. Is this a complete tear down? WTF happened? Is it under warranty (its maybe 5 months old)? Can I take a look at it myself or does that void some warranty? I swear, I'm never buying a Husky again.

-Todd

Last edited:
Chainsaw manufacturers can be picky on the warranty. I would just take it as is to the dealer and pray that it is covered. If it's not, you can do whatever you like.

That sucks! Take it back to the dealer. I believe it has a 6 month warranty.

I've had mine about 8 months and not one problem. Incredible saw!

Even if it's past 6 months and it's an obvious defect, Husqvarna will cover it depending on who the dealer is.

That's Good News!

Thanks everybody for the info. I am still a little worried about ending up with a doorstop, but at least there is hope!

p.s. - I'm still looking to get my ms201T snellerized, so PM me

Last edited:
IIRC, there's a service bulletin on the crankcase bolts. Sounds like yours have backed way out, allowing both an oil leak and an air leak. If so, I'd be surprised if your piston isn't scored too.

Can the current SB's be pulled up on the web for all the AT's?

Don't worry about which side of the 6 months you might be on. Husky will absolutely take care of the problem.

Good luck with the warranty situation, sounds like you have a well known issue. Please post on the results. I am a very skeptical warranty guy these days. :popcorn:

I'm not trying to sound like a Nag, but you should of brought it back as soon as you felt it had a problem. I'd take it back right now, and don't take no for an answer.

Hey guys, I thought I would share my story on this particular model and maybe get some help.
I did a ton of research including asking the opinion of those on this forum and I finally settled on the 562xp as a nice mid-range saw to complement a ms201t and an ms460. When I first got it, the saw seemed to over rev and be increasingly more difficult to start as the day went on. It did have its good points though: low fuel consumption, super low vibration, the air filter stayed cleaner longer, and it has nice balance in the cut - even though I couldn't lean into it as much as the Stihls seem to let you. So I kept it thinking it would get better. Then as I put more hours on it when it was hot from running the RPMs would start to surge in the middle of a cut. This could only be stopped by backing it out of the cut and letting the autotune settle down. Keeping the blade super sharp and running the oil at the max seemed to keep the temps down and that problem calmed down. Finally the last straw came this weekend. When dropping a 70' maple tree it started smoking like a SOB. I finished the cut and dropped the tree before I looked at the saw. When I pour chain oil into the reservoir it seems to come out some seam or hole under the muffler very rapidly. The construction of the crankcase appears to put a seam right in the middle of that reservoir. Is this a complete tear down? WTF happened? Is it under warranty (its maybe 5 months old)? Can I take a look at it myself or does that void some warranty? I swear, I'm never buying a Husky again.

-Todd

First the oilier should have been set to max from the get go, second I've yet to see a blade on any chainsaw, a bar and chain yes. Sounds like you've been running the piss out of her with a dull chain, that will kill any saw pretty quick.

Nevertheless the saw should be covered under warranty, in fact the saw should be replaced altogether.

Best of luck.

-Todd

"Nothing but problems" in 5 months but you have *yet* to take it back to a dealer? What is wrong with this picture?

Latest posts

Back